• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • The Classifieds forum is a place to buy and sell, not an open forum for people to give their opinions on Bronco values. Unless the seller specifically asks for help on pricing, please don't critique quality or asking price. If you're not interested then move on. - Thanks!
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

SOLD UPDATED - Maryanne, 1976 Bronco project 91k miles

Status
Not open for further replies.

BajaBronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
City: Santa Rosa
Price: $ 25000

1976 Bronco, one registered owner ever, 91000 miles, mostly original paint. AT, MS, PDB, marti report included. California "pink slip" title, non-op registered with CA dmv, so no back frees to register. I sprayed cylinders and soaked a day or two, installed new spark plugs, rebuilt the carburetor - and had some time today to start it and it runs good with 40lbs oil pressure and goes into forward and reverse so will drive on to your trailer. Brakes also are holding at this time. BUT - its been sitting so keep that in mind that this is a project, but has good bones and good organs! Interesting rear flare treatment done for extra clearance back in the day. I was just going to cut it and install my Baja Broncos fiberglass flares, and some slot mags, but plans have changed and I have too many customer projects to work on currently so it's up for sale. Two spots of rust thru - one on each floor about 1.5" holes. No rust in engine bay corners, cowl, posts, inner or outer rockers, or tailgate or roof. Just dings and dents of being used on construction jobs as a power station (I removed elec converter and connectors and 130A alt). Doors open and shut nicely and dont sag - theres no rot in this body as it's been in the bay area it's whole life. Big bearing rear, d44 front with Ford discs. Have factory PS kit, brown Igloo Cool Rest, Stroppe/Luben pushbar, and slots avail at extra cost. Here's a great project that wont be full of chinese body parts when all is said and done, or enjoy as is patina while freshening the mechanicals! Has original keys, and all reflectors not shown are included - just removed for cleaning recently. Ash tray too. PM me for more details and photos. 25000 in lot driving condition as she sits!

Attachments

• side.jpg
    side.jpg
    193.5 KB · Views: 347
  • thumbnail (8).jpg
    thumbnail (8).jpg
    192.7 KB · Views: 355
  • thumbnail (7).jpg
    thumbnail (7).jpg
    153.3 KB · Views: 360
  • thumbnail (6).jpg
    thumbnail (6).jpg
    194.2 KB · Views: 331
  • thumbnail (1).jpg
    thumbnail (1).jpg
    116.2 KB · Views: 331
  • thumbnail (2).jpg
    thumbnail (2).jpg
    155.9 KB · Views: 282
  • thumbnail (3).jpg
    thumbnail (3).jpg
    159.9 KB · Views: 285
  • thumbnail (5).jpg
    thumbnail (5).jpg
    48 KB · Views: 287
  • thumbnail.jpg
    thumbnail.jpg
    167.5 KB · Views: 282
  • thumbnail (4).jpg
    thumbnail (4).jpg
    120.2 KB · Views: 350
Last edited:
OP
OP
BajaBronco

BajaBronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Man, I didn't realize I can only attach 10 files. I'll attach the motor shot here. The story behind the flares is unknown. It is done in metal with a skim coat of filler on top. Filler is breaking out a bit now - so I can only imagine it was done pretty early? Maybe pre 80. It's sort of neat, but I think this one would look great with flares, patina, and slots or Jackman wheels (I have both), a pushbar and some KC or CIBIE lights. Depending on how you count (if you are german or what), that is either Thumbnail number 1 or 5 or some would argue just thumbnail as the rest are fingers. But I did want to get a shot of the plate and my thumb, just so happened to be separate shots. All the smog stuff is there except the air cleaner but I can source one of those too.

Attachments

• thumbnail (10).jpg
    thumbnail (10).jpg
    222.5 KB · Views: 137
  • thumbnail (11).jpg
    thumbnail (11).jpg
    205.4 KB · Views: 140

Broncoblood

Contributor
is the original color 'copper metallic' ?
that hard top appears to be in great condition and possibly never been off?
no rust, that's a cool rig

og48

Any chance you are interested in trading for 1984 cj8 “postal” jeep scrambler in similar condition(it does run and drive)?
Thanks in advance, Andrew

OP
OP
BajaBronco

BajaBronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Yes, sir shes a copper metallic is that the same as Hot Ginger"? If so I'm naming her Maryanne. Maryanne is almost ready to crank over by the way.

The top and visors are super nice. Someone climbed in and out of driver seat with screwdrivers or dikes in back pocket but rear seat is very very nice too. I think top may have been off to install the large footed rollbar that appears to have also been there forever.

Thanks for the kind words. Hoping to post a running video soon.

Andrew

OP
OP
BajaBronco

BajaBronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Well like I said I'll keep working on it. Motor sounds super healthy from the crancase and exhaust - still has CA smog system intact (tho I need some assistance with all the hose connections), and still has the cat converter in place. New fuel pump just joined the mix an hour ago.

OP
OP
BajaBronco

BajaBronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Now moving under her own power with 40psi oil pressure and no funny noises, CA smog system still spinning and connected.....

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.