• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

UPDATE Pg 3..Reproduction Bill Stroppe & Son service decal?

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
cool stuff Drew, i think it's neat and if people want them? why not.....look forward to seeing you guys in a couple of weeks

fordfan

Contributor
Bronco Guru
10-4 im a idiot....sorry for my input. Guess ill get back to building my fake reproduction bronco now.

It must be a fiberglas build! LOL! I wonder why they make the fiber bodys look like a Bronco? That seems so counterfeit! They should make the glas tubs look like a CORVETTE and fit on a Bronco Chassis!;D

OP
OP
Broncitis

Broncitis

MEB Founder
10-4 im a idiot....sorry for my input. Guess ill get back to building my fake reproduction bronco now.

Very true, I forgot yours was a Kentrol fiberglass! ;D

Does that make our metal ones worth more or less? ;)

bknbronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
North Metro, MN
I have a few plain ones with the bottoms cut off by accident, maybe you want those?

Ya id better use one of those!:p

I wonder why they make the fiber bodys look like a Bronco?

My kentrol dont you must be thinking of the bronco designs tub?:p Hey i got $18 bucks for my original uncut body at the scrap yard 20 years ago!

Sorry im done. Ill go irritate some other brothers now. Maybe half cab is around so i can play the debbie downer, and naysayer role to him now. :p OHHHH HALFFFFFFF CABBBBBBBB!

Last edited:

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
Sorry im done. Ill go irritate some other brothers now. Maybe half cab is around so i can play the debbie downer, and naysayer role to him now. :p OHHHH HALFFFFFFF CABBBBBBBB!

Why?....I got four fake shocks on my Bronco:D;)

BajaBronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Ooohhh.fake shocks, good idea. I took mine off and run only 4 now so I can deal with Sonoma county roads....must get drill and make fake shocks like guru Duane Kennedy and run 8 again.
I'd be down for a couple service decals so they can monitor when they refill my shocks tho.

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
Ooohhh.fake shocks, good idea. I took mine off and run only 4 now so I can deal with Sonoma county roads....must get drill and make fake shocks like guru Duane Kennedy and run 8 again.
I'd be down for a couple service decals so they can monitor when they refill my shocks tho.

Thing is I only got the four....and they are fake;D

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I still miss my old Shell service door decal from Billings Montana from when the first owner (a local hunting club) was running around in it. Had two or three entries on it from early in it's life.
I didn't appreciate it quite enough though I guess, but even at the time (late seventies) I left it there as a little keepsake even when it was half peeling off. Every time I'd wipe the door down another piece of it would sheer off. Finally only some old dried glue was left.

It'd be cool to have one of those too, even though it's of no accord in any famous way or to anyone but me (and maybe for someone from Billings). So I totally understand wanting one from Stroppe! Even if I didn't have a Baja I'd want one of those.

Always hoped I'd get lucky and come across an image of my old sticker so I could make a new one. Just for the heck of it. Conversation starter style.

Does anyone even use those stickers anymore? I figure most people don't even want something stuck to their doors these days, so probably not.
Even the window oil-changer ones that make a lot of sense and are removable bug some of us.

Paul

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
Does anyone even use those stickers anymore? I figure most people don't even want something stuck to their doors these days, so probably not.
Even the window oil-changer ones that make a lot of sense and are removable bug some of us.

Paul

Yeah, I think they've all gone to the window ones. I used to work at a Mobil full service station doing oil changes, among other things. We'd just slap the new door sticker over the old one. Some cars would have 5-10 stickers layered on them. This was years ago!

OP
OP
Broncitis

Broncitis

MEB Founder
I spoke with Tom (Stroppe Performance) and he said he was OK with me making some of these. He also thought it was a cool find and thought some people might like to have them on their Bronco.

I will get some made and will post up when they are ready. We're going to try to get a special low-tack substrate that will be somewhere between a post it note and a shipping label so that if you want to remove it, you can without having to scrape it off or use solvent.

Here is another custom one Nick made for me that is on the 67 U14 we just completed which will also have a Nicholl's Amoco service station theme. This was one of the earliest service stations in SW PA and was owned and operated by my grandfather from 1925 until he retired and sold it in 1977.

My grandfather, Kenyon Nicholl, is the person on the right in the first photo, and on the left in the 2nd.

I wish the family had keep all those old pumps and signage! :(

Here are some cool old pics my uncle just found and sent to us...

The name changes several times over the years from Anchor or American to Amoco, back to American, and then again in the late 60's to Amoco which is what is stayed as until the property was sold and it was torn down in the 90's. We are still looking for some photos of the last time the name was changed back to Amoco, which is how I remember it as a kid.

Hand painted logo on the doors of the '67 U14 we just finished for my mother that will debut at the Bronco Driver Super Celebration in a few weeks...

Attachments

• Nicholl's Service-5A.jpg
    Nicholl's Service-5A.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 49
  • Nicholl's Service-4A.jpg
    Nicholl's Service-4A.jpg
    126.9 KB · Views: 43
  • Nicholl's Service-1A.jpg
    Nicholl's Service-1A.jpg
    128.4 KB · Views: 39
  • Nicholl's Service-3A.jpg
    Nicholl's Service-3A.jpg
    149 KB · Views: 40
  • Nicholl's Service-2A.jpg
    Nicholl's Service-2A.jpg
    149.6 KB · Views: 44
  • CIMG7819.jpg
    CIMG7819.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Drew:

Is the last photo of the lettering on the side of your half cab?

Todd Z.

blamejane

Bronco Guru
Hand painted logo on the doors of the '67 U14 we just finished for my mother that will debut at the Bronco Driver Super Celebration in a few weeks...

Great photos and history Broncitis, and awesome that you guys stuck with the period correctness of the hand-lettering. I can't wait for the reveal.

surfer-b

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Great photos, and are you going to bring some extra decals to the Super Celb? Also you have any idea who the kid is riding the bike in the bottom lft pic, would that be you?

OP
OP
Broncitis

Broncitis

MEB Founder
Drew:

Is the last photo of the lettering on the side of your half cab?

Todd Z.

Yes, the last pic is one I took yesterday of the halfcab. It is getting the final buffing on the paint this week and cleaned up for the show. Looking forward to finally showing it! With several delays during the process, it has taken longer than we expected (but don't they all?).

Great photos, and are you going to bring some extra decals to the Super Celb? Also you have any idea who the kid is riding the bike in the bottom lft pic, would that be you?

Which decals? I have many different ones!

No, that is not me. Not sure who it is. That pic was as early as 65-66 since there is a Mustang in the bay. My brother was born in 68 and I was born in 71. I then thought it might be my cousin (My uncle is the one on the left on the roof), but he would have not been quit that old then either. It might be just a kid from town since my grandfather always had kids in to fix flats and air up their bicycle tires.