• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

U13 + Coyote????? YES or NO

andres

U13 + Coyote????? YES or NO

It's just an idea that passed through my mind yesterday, please do not make a bonfire and burn me in it :)

OP
OP
A

andres

:) Thinking on a 90% original U13 LUBR + coyote, Obviously the front axle must be improved to dana 44 also need better brakes and ................. gearbox .

Bronco Junkie

So Cal Broncos
I voted no....but if the condition of the vehicle is not that great then sure....why not?

Rustytruck

Bronco Guru
If its your truck and your money do what you want to do. Your going to have to cut the fender wells to get large enough tires to hold down the power. Personally I think its a waste of motor in a Bronco since you will hardly ever run it over 4,000 RPM. I would rather have a fuel injected stock 351 and put all the extra cash into some other niceties.

sykanr0ng

Bronco Guru
I voted no because you asked my opinion and that is how I think, but it is your Bronco so you do what you want with it.

DamageincNY

I say do it! You definitely need a D44 in her though, unless you don't intend on the front wheels being on the ground too much...:eek:

BajaBronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I say do it. They made like 4000 roadsters in 66 right? Whats one with a Coyote? cool for at least 10 more years til the next trendy motor comes out!

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
It seems like 66' keep popping up daily, roadsters too. I'm beginning to think every one that was ever produced is actually still out there! lol :)

I could go either way unless it's an unmolested treasure.

Last edited:

1sicbronconut

Contributor
Bronco Guru
As a Ford tech (pushing 30 years) I'm a huge fan of the 5.0L and the Ecoboost line of engines, that being said I'm not a huge fan of putting then in Early Bronco's. IMHO they aren't really a good choice for the average hobby type person to work on, no major problems to speak of but I work on them daily and they aren't as easy as a good old small block Ford are. To me the mid 90's was the peak of Ford electronics I see engines from the era all the time with high mileage and all the original sensors and electronics. Just my $.02

rmk57

The V-6 Eco-Boost out of an F-150 would be enough for me, and considerably cheaper.