• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Trying to find Rick Halle, Bronco Covers

70 sport WA

It stinks letting this guy get any more money from folks. As I posted before, my cc company got my $1350 back early on, of which I'm grateful.

On the subject of Rick taking people's money: He has some other software business, most of us know that. Well, looks like he updated it as recently as July 11 (see the "downloads" section) and is taking money via paypal at http://www.sims2programs.com/.

I emailed paypal and told them that I noticed that the same person (Rick@************.com) who has numerous complaints for failing to deliver products also takes money via PayPal for computer software (Rick@SimEnhancer.com)...that paypal should not let this supposed merchant take money from customers.

There's no reason he should take more peoples' money if he can't deliver products or give refunds for the money he already took. :mad:

bax

Contributor
Old Member
There's no reason he should take more peoples' money if he can't deliver products or give refunds for the money he already took. :mad:

Sure there is, he takes money because he can. It's free money. Why not? No one has been able to stop him so far. Why do you think he is going to stop now. All of a sudden he is going to get honest?

OP
OP
B

bobwillard

I paid over a month ago. I origionally sent him an email 2 weeks before that and we went back and forth a couple times with regard to how the trail tops would keep out water. I also inquired about the soft top he is building(which looks to be awesome). The confidence I got from these emails prompted me to go ahead and order the Trail Cover. I went ahead and filed a Paypal claim yesterday after getting the responses from my thread on this site.

Red steed

Loc.
Taylorsville N.C.
Rick talks a good game while he is trying to get your money. I e-mailed back and fourth and talked on the phone with him many times until he got my money for a soft top. Then it got harder and harder to get in touch with him. Now he's no where to be found. I paid on 4-23-07 and don't have my top or money back. BEWARE!!!!!

OP
OP
B

bobwillard

I spoke to his parents in Washington(reverse lookup on Whitepages.com)
They say that he has a son and that he's the only way that they are able to get messages to Rick. Wouldn't give me a number though; shocker.

Revelation

Bronco Guru
I spoke to his parents in Washington(reverse lookup on Whitepages.com)
They say that he has a son and that he's the only way that they are able to get messages to Rick. Wouldn't give me a number though; shocker.

Sounds like he may have a number like
StatePrison154501.jpg

Bronco

Loc.
Mountain View, CA
Somebody is going to find him someday and it isn't going to be pretty. It seems he's screwed too many people all over the country to not be found eventually.

It will make a great thread when that day comes.

Skiddy

Bronco Guru
Somebody is going to find him someday and it isn't going to be pretty. It seems he's screwed too many people all over the country to not be found eventually.

It will make a great thread when that day comes.

Get out of my head:p ;D I was just thinking about that yesterday going home. what would happen if i were to run into him somewhere, broke down on the side of the road ect..... crap then I was looking for WA plates on exploders LOL

wpaeb

Loc.
Clarion ,PA
Really disappointing news. He actually emailed a couple times before I ordered a trail cover, then quit all contact after I paid. What a tool. Anyone got a half cab trail cover in gray they want to sell. I still want the thing. Just a let down that people pull these scams. Oh well. Guess I'm sticking with the hardtop for a while.

Mike French is coming out with a trail cover.
http://www.bronco-heaven.com/catalog.php?action=products&category_id=15&product_id=36
Might email him.

RB Precision

Loc.
Duvall, Wa
Why doesnt someone pretend to want one of his tops, ask for his address so you can send him a check. Maybe then you could find him. Thats how I talk to a real person with verizon, I pretend to want to buy something. If they know they might get some money out of you, they will answer or call back.... just a thought.