• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Trans issue

Rustytruck

Bronco Guru
I''m missing the rubber pressure valve tube

You mean the vent on top of the adapter housing? If so that was a steel fitting with a loose metal cap on it. You can't plug that. I tapped my extension for a elbow fitting with a tube nut and then ran the tube all the way up to the firewall next to the other transmission vacuum tubes. That alone kept it cleaner down there. Plug that vent and you will be leaking fluid all over the place when the fluid heats up and expands.

OP
OP
N

NYC Bronco

You mean the vent on top of the adapter housing? If so that was a steel fitting with a loose metal cap on it. You can't plug that. I tapped my extension for a elbow fitting with a tube nut and then ran the tube all the way up to the firewall next to the other transmission vacuum tubes. That alone kept it cleaner down there. Plug that vent and you will be leaking fluid all over the place when the fluid heats up and expands.

not trying to plug, it being plugged by debris already has been a concern