• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

FL Thinking of buying

kat

Loc.
Bristol
I didn't know if I should post this here or in the Chat section. So Mods please move. I was needing opinions.
Im looking at this pretty hard and thinking of making the drive to get it. Is there anything in the pics that some of you more seasoned Bronco owners find "wrong" or show red flags?? I already asked him about the gears being different, he says the original owner changed out the rear for better gas mileage but he has them original gears.
Any tips would be great.....It seems that he has put some money in it...Thanks

https://orlando.craigslist.org/cto/5234138928.html

needabronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Prescott/Farmington
Based on appearance alone, I'd offer $3500. All of the wood trim and bad body work tell me whoever did that had no idea what they were doing or were hiding bad body work? Gears being different are a big indicator they have no idea what they are doing too. I see some of the work looks pretty good, but it's like lipstick on a very overpriced pig!

There's plenty more around that are much better examples for that kind of money

clarrance

Bronco Guru
Based on appearance alone, I'd offer $3500. All of the wood trim and bad body work tell me whoever did that had no idea what they were doing or were hiding bad body work? Gears being different are a big indicator they have no idea what they are doing too. I see some of the work looks pretty good, but it's like lipstick on a very overpriced pig!

There's plenty more around that are much better examples for that kind of money

X2. The big rust hole in the frame by the gas tank is a good indication there is a lot of hidden rust elsewhere.

OP
OP
kat

kat

Loc.
Bristol
I have asked him about the wood....I have no idea why someone would do this to a truck...Ive been looking at this truck for a couple months and it hasn't sold for that price makes me think there is something wrong...Thanks clarrance for pointing out the rust, I didn't know what I was looking at. I was thinking of offering about half what he wants for it but I might steer clear....Cause I asked him for more underneath shots but he responded that he has a lot more pics to send him my email, I did then he replied that he didn't have any more pics....

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
Only thing I see that it's got going for it is the 5sp tranny. Woodwork reminds me of someones shop project in high school, while it was something they liked and took pride in, I wouldn't want it. I'd walk away from that one even if it were half the price. You can find way nicer for 11k.

56f100bbw

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tucson / lakeside AZ
Keep looking ,I have found several Broncos and my 65 fastback all I still have by placing a wanted ad on Craigslist local area I did Phoenix and Tucson and chances are you may be the only one to look at it it can't hurt

Whoaa

Bronco Guru
I guess its a woody?

What a POS hack job!

You can't drive it, plus now you're dealing w/ trying to fix someone else's mistakes.

Not only DON'T BUY IT...run away as fast as you can.

jmangi62

Bronco Guru
All that wood just looks freaking ugly to me,and the huge hole in the frame thanks clarrance,and what a nice fit of rocker panel and fender and who knows how many other problems it has with inner panel rust and frame rust!As was said ruun faast!:cool:

OP
OP
kat

kat

Loc.
Bristol
Thanks for everyones input....And I am moving on from this....BTW when I find another one and have some questions, is this a good way/place of doing it???....

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
Bronco chat will get more looks, chances are we'll find the thread either way. Good luck on your search!

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Thanks for everyones input....And I am moving on from this....BTW when I find another one and have some questions, is this a good way/place of doing it???....

chat section, or off topic will work... Good luck, Stay patient, the right one will come along

mickphatmac

I would ask if he has overload springs for when you fill up the waterbed he installed in the back!!!