• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

The Duck Build.

wepuckett

Congradulations, so how soon till you can take it for a test drive, don't figure plates will be an issue since you live so far out lol.

OP
OP
englewoodcowboy

englewoodcowboy

Lick Creek Restorations
Put 10 miles on it up and down my road today. Have some bugs to sort, mainly just getting things to settle in. Trans is getting better with each mile and motor is running better and better. Will take a little while to get the confidence up that I am comfortable to take it on a trip but it still has a lot of things to get finished up between now and then.

Plates are ordered and insurance will be on it tomorrow. Alignment needs to be done etc. before I will start to put some serious miles on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fordfan

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Hey Tom! Congrats on hearing it come to life! My hats off to you!...You began on the ugly duckling with a no prisoners approach and never deviated! I couldn't tell that you ever compromised anything and now it's all worth it. You have a new Bronco built exactly the way you want it.

The FI tech seems to be great!

Love your tire/wheel combo!

I'm going to miss the updates on your progress when your finished!

PS..... I believe the Buster Miles Ford show would be the perfect debut! It looks like it's going to be finished!

OP
OP
englewoodcowboy

englewoodcowboy

Lick Creek Restorations
Hey Tom! Congrats on hearing it come to life! My hats off to you!...You began on the ugly duckling with a no prisoners approach and never deviated! I couldn't tell that you ever compromised anything and now it's all worth it. You have a new Bronco built exactly the way you want it.

The FI tech seems to be great!

Love your tire/wheel combo!

I'm going to miss the updates on your progress when your finished!

PS..... I believe the Buster Miles Ford show would be the perfect debut! It looks like it's going to be finished!

Tell me about this show Dennis, I am still a few weeks out, it needs to go to the upholstery shop then come back for final wiring, alignment and inspection. I am wrapping up the sound deadening this week then trailering it to the upholstery shop.

Last edited:

5001craig

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Those steps are so awesome. My buddy has them and every time I get out of his truck I feel like I've arrived.

It's very cool that you made a set work on an EB. Two thumbs-up!

wepuckett

Better ? since he said it comes off a 01 Super Duty is how did he make them work so you can pick up the parts at a junk yard or new and make them work.

OP
OP
englewoodcowboy

englewoodcowboy

Lick Creek Restorations
Better ? since he said it comes off a 01 Super Duty is how did he make them work so you can pick up the parts at a junk yard or new and make them work.

They did not come off of a Superduty, they are for that particular model year. You have to make them work.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OP
OP
englewoodcowboy

englewoodcowboy

Lick Creek Restorations
Here is a before and after shot of the Duck. All that is left is the interior and that starts next week.

919078b2852d3eff1623960b8c5ca2c7.jpg

0df6aa080d2ef47c2ad1115022ecf83f.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
englewoodcowboy

englewoodcowboy

Lick Creek Restorations
Finally got the correct fittings needed so I can get my air cleaner on.
e900e6d3d5dbf9f14e358fee1ecf9195.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
englewoodcowboy

englewoodcowboy

Lick Creek Restorations
I used one from an excursion with the 6.0 diesel. It has dual returns, you can see it on the firewall behind the hydroboost.