• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Tailgate Drain Installation

jckkys

Bronco Guru
I'm putting the 69-77 tailgate drains on a '68 tailgate. There are no screw holes to re-use and my memory is far from exact. A photo would be a great help. Measurements require reference points, but that would be best. The top, like the rest of the body, is a '77, so the weather stripping is the '77 style if that makes a difference.

hankjr

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Howdy. i can get you some pics with dimensions when i get back to my shop tomorrow. PM me an email or cell i can text them to.
Hank

JeffG

Contributor
Loc.
San Antonio, TX
This is from a '69 tailgate. The drain and rubber gasket is off, but if you need I can reinstall those. I included one with a standard ruler and a few with a $20 digital caliper.

Let me know if these help or would like some additional pics.

Attachments

• TG 1.jpg
    TG 1.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 77
  • TG 2.jpg
    TG 2.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 72
  • TG 3.jpg
    TG 3.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 67
  • TG 4.jpg
    TG 4.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 65
  • TG 5.jpg
    TG 5.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 63
  • TG 6.jpg
    TG 6.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 66
OP
OP
J

jckkys

Bronco Guru
Thanks Jeff! Your photos and the ruler should get me where i need to go for all 4 holes.

OP
OP
J

jckkys

Bronco Guru
Thanks Jeff! Your photos and the ruler should get me where I need to go for all 4 holes.