• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Show off your steering wheels

kcc0521

Loc.
Falls Church
I have a mom wheel on the 74 bronco I bought and the fit and finish of it is very poor. I would love to see the wheels you all have and how you like them. It would be neat to use a wooden wheel from a mustang if it fit well and didn't have a pony on it. also need to know what parts I need to put a stock wheel on it.

Bdhand

Contributor
This one will be going in mine when I get there!!

Attachments

• IMG_0146.jpg
    IMG_0146.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 261

hotrodtim68

Contributor
Bronco steering wheel.

This is what I used . I installed a 1978 F 250 Camper Special tilt column with the optional leather wrapped wheel. Of course I had to install a cruise control in the truck because the steering wheel had the cruise control buttons on the wheel.%) LOL.:eek: Very happy with this wheel and column.:cool:Sorry for the turned picture, I can turn wrench's well but can't turn a picture. I need APPLE training I guess !:eek::eek:

Attachments

• IMG_0743.jpg
    IMG_0743.jpg
    134.8 KB · Views: 157

kb6677

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Here is one we had done a while back that I think turned out pretty well- something from 1966 and 2011

Attachments

• dash (3).jpg
    dash (3).jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 221
  • 131_1201_07+classic_bronco_modern_twist+horn_button.jpg
    131_1201_07+classic_bronco_modern_twist+horn_button.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 155

Crush

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Greenbottom, WV
Here is mine. Found it on a golf cart. Aluminumnwas completely oxidized and the off white was brown it was so dirty
attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_4779.jpg
    IMG_4779.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 529

Justafordguy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
This is what I used . I installed a 1978 F 250 Camper Special tilt column with the optional leather wrapped wheel. Of course I had to install a cruise control in the truck because the steering wheel had the cruise control buttons on the wheel.%) LOL.:eek: Very happy with this wheel and column.:cool:Sorry for the turned picture, I can turn wrench's well but can't turn a picture. I need APPLE training I guess !:eek::eek:

That's my favorite steering wheel Ford ever made. :cool:

bamabaja

Contributor
Loc.
The Shoals
Kb, how did you recondition your horn button ? Look great. Who makes that wheel ? Sweet combo. All the custom wheels look really good.

ntsqd

heratic car camper
Loc.
Upper SoKA
Once I sell it (with a different wheel) the wheel from the '65 Valiant will go into the Bronc-up. I'm sure as heck not letting go of that Nardi wheel or the adapter & horn button assembly that I had to make for it.

i-F4snHcj-M.jpg

i-XnfT4Vt-M.jpg

kb6677

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Kb, how did you recondition your horn button ? Look great. Who makes that wheel ? Sweet combo. All the custom wheels look really good.

Thank you sir- that horn button came out of the bottom drawer in one of the tool chests in the garage- "cool old bronco parts I might want to use someday"- scored it many years ago and just had to wipe the dust off :) Wheel source was speedway motors:

http://www.speedwaymotors.com/shop/...NoRedirect=true&OriginalQuery=Steering+Wheels

gray gables

Once I sell it (with a different wheel) the wheel from the '65 Valiant will go into the Bronc-up. I'm sure as heck not letting go of that Nardi wheel or the adapter & horn button assembly that I had to make for it.

i-F4snHcj-M.jpg

i-XnfT4Vt-M.jpg

cool wheel for sure.

fordfan

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Factory Ford and a Stroppe.

Attachments

• 060.jpg
    060.jpg
    123.9 KB · Views: 84
  • 061.jpg
    061.jpg
    115.9 KB · Views: 78
  • Cell Phone pictures from 8-6-2016 777.jpg
    Cell Phone pictures from 8-6-2016 777.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 91

AFLtCol

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I had the original steering wheel restored to go back on mine.

Attachments

• IMG_2902.jpg
    IMG_2902.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 62