• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Selling My 1966 Project...SOLD Headed to Cali

BoureeOne

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Madisonville, La
Circumstances are forcing me to sell my project. I no longer have the time or the resources to finish this. I am posting this here first. I have thoroughly loved being on the site. It will take me a little time to get all the parts in one location. Things have been in storage for a couple of years. I will try to give the breakdown of what I have. I will also start posting pics soon. I will certainly lose money on this situation, but I am ok with that. I have just about all of the 66 goodies that people really want.

1966 Wagon:

66 tailgate - excellent condition - body worked, primed.
66 hardtop - with correct liftgate and spare parts. - excellent condition
67 doors - I acquired these so the beltline trim could be added - excellent condition
66 eyebrow grill - excellent condition
66 windshield
Mexican 302 rebuilt to 347 - everything listed is new....
  • Explorer serpentine
  • A/C compressor
  • 4G alternator
  • Power steering with PSC reservoir
  • Aluminum Radiator with 2 speed Derale Elec fan
  • New motor mounts
  • Mallory Uniltite Dist
  • MSD coil
  • Edelbrock Intake and AVS 650 carb
  • Polished shorty headers
  • Taylor Plug wires
  • Fuel Lab Filter
  • Carter Fuel Pump
  • Fram inline oil style pre-pump filter
  • High rise alum valve covers
Tremec TKO 600 manual transmission with overdrive - ( $2,500 ) Currently set up to be 2 wheel drive. Can easily be switched back to 4x4
Centerforce II Clutch and Pressure Plate
Dana 30 front end and 9" rear-end have both been gone through by Zimmer Gears in Baton Rouge. Both are 4:11 gears. The Dan 30 even has the orig brass tag and brass filler.
Power steering from 78' Bronco- all new seals
Bilstein shocks and steering stabilizer
23 Gallon Fuel Tank
Adjustable Track Bar
Wild Horses 2 1/2 " lift
Wild Horses 2" body lift
Wild Horses front disc conversion
Rebuilt rear drums
Wilwood Reservoir and proportioning valve
1999 F250 Hydroboost
All new brake lines
New fuel lines
Frame has zero rust. Was sandblasted and treated internally and exterior with Eastwood coatings.
5 New BF Goodrich Radial Terrains 265/75/R16, mounted on 5 new American Racing Aluminum Rims
Custom rear bumper with tire carrier
Body Tub is sitting on custom made rotisserie - Tub was sandblasted and primed.
New Body Parts
  • Rear uncut Fenders
  • Uncut front Fenders
  • Inner front Fenders
  • Core Support
  • Blank Dash
Explorer front seats with electric bolster and lumbar. Seats also tilt forward for easy access to rear seats. The driver floor has been lowered almost 3 inches for good viewing.
Have installed custom setup to accommodate side folding rear Mitsubishi Montero rear seats. Extremely cool set-up.
Have a set of Cobra Roadster side pipes. Love the look and the sound. You can of course change this if desired.

I am sure I am missing a few things that I can't think of. The drivetrain is complete and ready to go. Main work left is body work.

For the right person or Bronco builder, this will be a great deal. Finish and flip for a very nice profit. Or keep and enjoy. This could very easily be one of the best deals around.

I am selling everything for $20,000..... This is non-negotiable because I know I have over double in this. Shoot me a PM if you are interested.

Video of drivetrain and engine running....

Last edited:
OP
OP
BoureeOne

BoureeOne

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Madisonville, La
SOLD>>>>> SOLD >>>>>>>> SOLD.... Headed to California....

Attachments

• Bronco.jpeg
    Bronco.jpeg
    114.2 KB · Views: 91
  • Bronco1.jpeg
    Bronco1.jpeg
    117.7 KB · Views: 91
  • Bronco2.jpeg
    Bronco2.jpeg
    136.8 KB · Views: 91

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Well there it goes... Another chapter opening for both parties. Hope you got what you were asking and he got the deal he was hoping for.
And maybe we'll see them here as members as well, while it gets started back up!

Strange feeling watching it going away I bet. Most feel that way. Including us from here too!

Paul

OP
OP
BoureeOne

BoureeOne

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Madisonville, La
Well there it goes... Another chapter opening for both parties. Hope you got what you were asking and he got the deal he was hoping for.
And maybe we'll see them here as members as well, while it gets started back up!

Strange feeling watching it going away I bet. Most feel that way. Including us from here too!

Paul
Part of me is sick to my stomach. Realized that 1/5 of my life I have been working on this project. The hundreds of hours spent late at night working on the Flying Tiger. But I also realized as we worked so hard today getting it back together enough to be put a transport to drive from Louisiana to California, that I was not going to have the time or the resources to finish it. So I actually have peace about it. The buyer is actually on this site. He bought it a few hours after I listed it here. It is going to a great home...... I took this west coast guy to eat crawfish tonight. He loved it.

LUBr LuvR

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Wishing you all the best in your next chapter, and safe travels to the new owner. Maybe one day he’ll treat you to a supper and a ride out on the west coast. Thanks again for sending the tire advertisement sign with a particular rig on it.......

BkDanO

SOLD>>>>> SOLD >>>>>>>> SOLD.... Headed to California....
I am just not that guy that posts much if at all! Just gotta say there is nothing like Southern Hospitality! It was worth every penny just to be included in the family, 3 generations helping out to get it ready for its journey! The crawdads, wait mudbugs, no crawfish were the highlight for this west coast boy! Hope to do you proud BoureeOne but the purple has got to go!😜

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Hey Bk, thanks for joining in the conversation!
Glad your purchase experience was as great as it sounded. Should maybe have been more of us there too, sharing in the adventure.
Could have been a combination celebration and wake!

Now that it’s headed this way where will it be spending it’s time?
If you’re up this way maybe you can make it to our Bronco Roundup in Lodi next month. Be fun and motivating at the same time.

Oh, and by the time it’s done as a project maybe you’ll come to like the Louisiana purple!

BkDanO

Hey Bk, thanks for joining in the conversation!
Glad your purchase experience was as great as it sounded. Should maybe have been more of us there too, sharing in the adventure.
Could have been a combination celebration and wake!

Now that it’s headed this way where will it be spending it’s time?
If you’re up this way maybe you can make it to our Bronco Roundup in Lodi next month. Be fun and motivating at the same time.

Oh, and by the time it’s done as a project maybe you’ll come to like the Louisiana purple!
HeyD.D. It’s headed to San Diego. Yeah I was surrounded by LSU fans so a lot of purple, who knows maybe grow to like the purple as much as those folks! Would love to make it to the Roundup, at least one of these years!

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Wheew.... glad it's just the rig headed to CA was going to tell you Don't GO :)

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL

always hurts....

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
HeyD.D. It’s headed to San Diego. Yeah I was surrounded by LSU fans so a lot of purple, who knows maybe grow to like the purple as much as those folks! Would love to make it to the Roundup, at least one of these years!

SEC baby... :)