• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Rust Bullitt-factory Direct Buy Only Or Do Other Vendors Carry It? Ok 4 Body Parts?

U

Unregistered

Was wondering if you can only buy RUST BULLITT factory direct or do other vendors carry it. I noticed there is a discount offered so I am going to take advantage of it.

I am in the process of taking the front fenders, grill, and dash off and will be stripping the paint off. Can I coat with Rust Bullitt, sand and then paint over it? I will be doing a 3 process paint job.

Any input would be appreciated.

POR-15 Depot

Loc.
Dallas, Texas
Re: Rust Bullitt-factory Direct Buy Only Or Do Other Vendors Carry It? Ok 4 Body Parts?

Unregistered said:
Was wondering if you can only buy RUST BULLITT factory direct or do other vendors carry it.

Rust Bullet is only offered via authorized Dealers. You will not find it on the shelves of WallMark and for good reason.

I am in the process of taking the front fenders, grill, and dash off and will be stripping the paint off. Can I coat with Rust Bullitt, sand and then paint over it? I will be doing a 3 process paint job.

Body fillers, Automotive primers and paint may be applied over cured Rust Bullet. Rust Bullet should be sanded, to insure adhesion, with #150 grit dry before topcoating with body fillers, fiberglass or primer. Just scuff chassis parts, floors, inside doors, etc. dull with a red scuff pad before painting and the paint will "bite" into the Rust Bullet well. As Rust Bullet is designed to kill rust and isn't an automotive primer filler, areas where you want perfect paint gloss, Rust bullet should be sanded and primed with an automotive primer before paint prep work.
I hope this helps you.