• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

replacement window frame

Big Slim

so one of the previous owners of my bronco cut the back half of the window frame off and left just the front vent window part. i have cut out the rest of the frame out of the the door. i have a replacement frame from wild horses i think but the back track that goes into the door is much longer that the original. do i need to cut this down? i made removable frames in my last build but used the stock frames. also since these are new frames how do i go about lining it up straight? wanting to keep them removable. i contacted a few vendors to try to get measurements from the aftermarket doors that have the holes in them but without any luck.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
is this for the '69 in your signature? And are you going to make these removable too, or mount them permanently?

Not sure about the alignment aspects, but it seems that with the window in the UP position and the door closed against the hard top (you have a hard top?) you should be able to get it pretty close for mockup. The outward pressure of a door seal weatherstrip might cause some issues though. Hopefully someone has some experienced insight on that.

Paul

OP
OP
Big Slim

Big Slim

Yea. I have the top. And will want it removable. Can see the length difference that goes inside the door.
68964127d96bab77caea648dad33964b.jpg

Before I just added bolts Thru the spot welds drilled it to keep it aligned.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Maybe someone with a '68 or older door can pinpoint the location of the original bolts for the removable type. Obviously you have sort of a template in the form of the new frame, but it would be pretty easy to drill the holes slightly off it seems to me.

If nobody has the dimensions I can check mine later. But it's sounding like you'd prefer to cut it shorter like you had with your old setup? This is not the same door as before, right?

Paul

OP
OP
Big Slim

Big Slim

i wouldn't need to cut it if does not interfere with anything, like the lower track. well both broncos are '69s. i didn't need to worry about alignment since i used the same frame that was drilled out. a bolts in the each of the 4 spot welds. since the new frames have weld nuts already in them id like to use them.