• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

RCV Axles and the spindle bearing seal parts

JohnJohn

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Richmond
For those of you who have RCV axles in your D44, did you use the Spicer spindle V seal, plastic washer, large rubber mud seal and the axle mounted metal slinger?

I read a post on Pirate 4x4 that all the parts will fit on the stub shaft but I wanted to check.

Doyle

Bronco Guru
Sure did, everything fit just like on the original axles.

OP
OP
JohnJohn

JohnJohn

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Richmond
I had to use a die grinder to open up the metal mud guard/slinger but all 4 peices fit on the end of the RCV.

Attachments

• 20190701_203431.jpg
    20190701_203431.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 32
OP
OP
JohnJohn

JohnJohn

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Richmond
Everything is working out and it even looks like I will be able to get the snap ring on the end of the short shaft at the hub but unfortunately I would need to hammer the Warn inner half to get hub on. The Warn 30 spline hubs just don't clear the splines on the hub wall like the stock hub did. I may need to exchange them or file down all of the splines by hand.
I know I could pound them on but I may have to destroy them to get them back out.