• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Radiator paint?

Smedley

Loc.
Snohomish
I am replacing my radiator with a used one and want to clean it up. Can I paint it? If so with what?

Thanks
Will

bannind

I don't know the paint style or name. However if it is used it might be a good idea to take it down to your local radiator shop and they will do a flush and test. Shouldn't be that much $$ and at least at my local shop they painted it as part of the process. I believe it cost me 35$ the last time I took it in.

Pokey71

Bronco Guru
i just use black engine paint.. semi gloss.

didnt think about the heat until i painted it and its been two years and no flakes yet... i spray everything in my truck with engine paint;D

Pokey71

Bronco Guru
ya i hit the outside with good thick coats and just enough for the blades.

evil69

fawkin classy
Loc.
Athens, GA
You can always use BBQ paint. It is cheaper and I have used it in the past instead of engine paint. Flat black is where its at!