• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Project Cash* Firts car show *

OP
OP
J-man

J-man

Loc.
Holladay, UT
It would have been so much easier to change the oil pan gasket before I put the motor in O well. I got it changed last night with a one piece gasket. Hopefully this one wont leak.

OP
OP
J-man

J-man

Loc.
Holladay, UT
Flex it out

Went to the muffler shop to put on the lift to flex it out. The rear tires tuck awesome and have pretty good articulation on the front. I will have to be careful though, the front tires will hit the front fender flexed like this and turning. What shall I do. taller lift? smaller tire. O well I'll take it easy for now.

Attachments

• IMG_3648.jpg
    IMG_3648.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 359
  • IMG_3649.jpg
    IMG_3649.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 345
  • IMG_3651.jpg
    IMG_3651.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 279
  • IMG_3650.jpg
    IMG_3650.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 294
OP
OP
J-man

J-man

Loc.
Holladay, UT
For the hell of it put the bronco in a car show last night. It was a lot of fun. Way to go Darrin, member Bronco Bandit won best of show with the dark blue bronco behind mine. Good Times.

Attachments

• IMG_3652.jpg
    IMG_3652.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 277
  • IMG_3653.jpg
    IMG_3653.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 361

migs

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
nice job on your build, it really turned out great!

sstclair

Went to the muffler shop to put on the lift to flex it out. The rear tires tuck awesome and have pretty good articulation on the front. I will have to be careful though, the front tires will hit the front fender flexed like this and turning. What shall I do. taller lift? smaller tire. O well I'll take it easy for now.

More lift.. no
shorter tire.. hell no
skinnier tire.. maybe

Cut/Trim or taller bump stops. Knowing what you went through to keep it uncut though, bump stops or smaller tires.

-Steve

jdevon

Loc.
Dallas Area
More lift.. no
shorter tire.. hell no
skinnier tire.. maybe

Cut/Trim or taller bump stops. Knowing what you went through to keep it uncut though, bump stops or smaller tires.

-Steve

I agree. No more lift, and no shorter of a tire.

That's a sweet looking rig. Nothing sexier than seeing a tire stuffed up into an uncut EB during a flex.

broncobandit

The only reason I won was because of a coin toss. The judge could not make his mind up. As it turns out he has owned Two Bronco's in the past and still love's them. If you live in Utah and get a chance to see Rick's Bronco you will appreciate the hard work that went into an awesome machine. WAY TO GO Rick.

dave67fd

Contributor
Bronco Guru
J,
Quite the neck snapper. Give yourself a big pat on the back. You should be proud.

OP
OP
J-man

J-man

Loc.
Holladay, UT
J,
Quite the neck snapper. Give yourself a big pat on the back. You should be proud.

Thanks Dave I'm just trying to get it ready for Bronco Safari in Moab next weekend. You wouldn't think that if you came and saw it right now. I've got the front of the enging torn off. Changing timing cover water pump and front main seal but hope to have it put back together tonight or tomorrow

MyOriginal66

Bronco Guru
Hey J-Man,

Sooooooooooo sweet! Got a question on the wheels... I know they are 7's but what's the backspacing? They tuck nice!

BLUE72

Rick
Bronco looks awesome. I need to see it in person. Mine has been on the road a few times but I still need a few things finished. I will try and call you tomorrow.
Nick

ericbee

Can you please tell me the combination of lift and tire/wheel size you chose to get this all to fit? I am in the process of building an uncut and am trying do determine how much lift vs tire and wheel size I can go without rubbing.

Right now we look like we are going with a 2.5 inch lift. Any thoughts? THX

sstclair

It was great to see you and your truck at Moab for the Safari. It looked great in the rocks. Congratulations on winning that trophy at the Show and Shine in Moab too! Here's a pic shamelessly pilfered from Sean Gaudette.
-Steve

Attachments

• Seans Pic of Rick at Fins.jpg
    Seans Pic of Rick at Fins.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 249