• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

popular color

zman1971

what where some of the less popular colors? I have a 69 with new lime green and I have not seen many, if any in that color. what are some other rare colors you don't see that often?

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
Not sure about the popularity, but it seems there were very few black broncos.

Motomaniac

Meadow lark yellow seems to be a rare one, The only reason I know about it is because it was the original color of my bronco.

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
I recently painted my trail rig "Lunar Green". It was the stock color on my first Bronco which was a 69. The color was a popular Ford truck color back in the 60s but you don't see it much these days - and usually only on unpainted originals. I think its a cool color and it certainly gets lots of compliments since it's so rare. Most people call it turquoise when they first see it but it's a lot greener than true turquoise.

My original 69 -

My trail rig -

Lime Green is a nice color - a number of Broncos have been repainted the updated Mustang color "Legend Lime" so it's had a recent surge in popularity!

migs

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Here's my 1970 in new lime about five years ago. Getting it ready right now for some new paint... and I am staying with this color.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    117 KB · Views: 60
OP
OP
zman1971

zman1971

Here's my 1970 in new lime about five years ago. Getting it ready right now for some new paint... and I am staying with this color.

that's what I remember my dads (now mine) 69 looking like, although he use it pretty hard back in the day. those are all nice looking broncos.

Attachments

• IMG_20160814_135707144_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20160814_135707144_HDR.jpg
    147.6 KB · Views: 37

Ksm

Bronco Guru
Mine was originally an off white, slightly darker then the hardtop. not sure the name of the color but it had to go....