• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Paint Matched or Black Engine Bay

Color Matched or Black Engine Bay

• Color Matched

Votes: 21 95.5%
  • Black Raptor Liner

Votes: 1 4.5%

• Total voters

Ro_Ja Boy

Going back and forth in my head whether to have the engine bay paint matched during my new Coyote build or have it be black Raptor liner. $1,500 extra to paint match and I’m more struggling with whether I prefer that look versus black.

Looking for opinions.

Shimmy

Contributor
1977 Bronco
Loc.
Maple Valley
how much of a restoration is this gonna be? I think it looks great either way, but also depends on your paint color. VR offers the raptor liner as their standard spec. If you're going with a coyote build, why not spend the extra for a full paint match?

OP
OP
R

Ro_Ja Boy

Full build by Highline. Just wondering whether people prefer the look of it (forgetting about whether it’s worth it or not). I go back and forth on preference.

Shimmy

Contributor
1977 Bronco
Loc.
Maple Valley
Full build by Highline. Just wondering whether people prefer the look of it (forgetting about whether it’s worth it or not). I go back and forth on preference.

i definitely prefer the look of it. it looks more "complete" to me. go for it!(y)

Torkman66

Contributor
Done several early mustangs and been to countless car shows. Paint matched engine bay is by far the most eye catching. It also shows that the resto was a higher caliber. Did my CJ7 color matched and it is very sharp. On a Bronco to me that is an absolute way to go.

69_Sport

Whenever I encounter Raptor Liner, I assume it's covering up something...I know, but that's what I think.