• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Marlin Blue code W paint suppliers needed

gclauson

Contributor
I have an October 1965 U15 that has paint code W Marlin Blue. I need a pint or two for the used door shells I am building up.

My paint supplier, NAPA, that sells Martin Seymour paint, can't get a cross-reference for this color. I have researched and given him this info:
Ford 1742
PPG 12902
ACME Finishes (old) 9652

He found a 9652 ACME, which is a blue, but the sample seems to be too dark.

I'm looking for any other vendor's paint codes and/or a Martin-Seymour Marlin Blue code that folks have had success with.
Has anyone purchased PPG 12902 and confirmed that is correct?

Thanks,!

B RON CO

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Statesville, NC
Hi, my painter got my Marlin Blue, a Ford commercial truck color, from Albert Kemperle, a large auto body supply company. They had old color charts, and mixed it for us in a modern DuPont urathane. Find a supplier where the body shops get their materials. Good luck

OP
OP
G

gclauson

Contributor
Thanks, B RON CO and EPB72. I will try both of those suppliers if I can't get it locally!

Any other inputs, especially on PPG color part numbers and color match?