• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Overheating Bronco

squally

Loc.
Brush Creek, TN
I have been working on a 1966 Bronco, I have installed a 351, new radiator, unfortunately had to use electric fans for cooling instead of fan and shroud that were with the engine because of lack of room. We are having trouble keeping cool. Has anyone ever modified the front in to give more space between the engine and the radiator, so that electric fans are used as back-ups only.

wildbill

Old Bronco Guy
;D ;D ;D What did you do that you cant use the stock fan? I run a 351W in a 66 and have no problems with heat, stock fan and no shroud. %) %) %) Bill %) :p ;D

Slick

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Petoskey, MI
I HAD a problem, only I can fit the mech fan no prob in mine.

Mine over heated under 20mph so I tried an electric as an Aux, which helped but didn't fix it.

I ended up needing a better radiator, I got chucks, and never come close to over heat'n now. Have not needed to use the pusher sence.

but for your info... a 16" will fit between the grill and the Rad. IF YOU don't have a hood latch mech any more... IE hood pins.

Hope it helps!

:cool:

feitctaj

FNG
Loc.
Group W Bench
something is wrong in the mounting if you cannot use the stock fan, I have both with a 4core Toms radiator. the stock one does an good job and the electric is used as a pusher and I use when in that dam long Jack in the crack line. Only when it is above 90
I found the solution to my over heating probs was mounting the Rad virticle(completely) and putting the fan in the correct space. I research I did came up as 1" to 1 1/2" from the rad. Keeping the blades the same distance from the rad by mounting the rad vert keeps the air moving through the rad better.

U

Unregistered

'66 came with a 6 cyl when the 351 got swapped in were the mounts put in correct position??