• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

New Bronco - press conf from Ford

BroncoChicken

Ford confirmed through a request to take down the pictures that this is the new Ranger design. Thoughts?

Attachments

• 31F36EC0-0783-4D3B-B778-27AB57E24406.jpg
    31F36EC0-0783-4D3B-B778-27AB57E24406.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 107

roundhouse

Bronco Guru
Ford confirmed through a request to take down the pictures that this is the new Ranger design. Thoughts?

Looks like they copied the Honda ridge line and Chevy Colorado

Just another jellybean lookalike copycat plastic car
With absolute nothing to set it apart from all the other ones available that are less expensive and more reliable

I surprised it doesn’t have the angry trapezoid grill that’s apparently required nowadays

bronconut73

Bronco Guru
Yeah I don't like that latest rendering makes it look like a mall crawling Street truck

sk1nw4lk3r

I just hope the new bronco gets the new 3.5 ecoboost engine. Drove a new expedition the other and that thing was quick. I was very surprised of the power.

Won't fit in the engine bay. Base engine will be a 2.3 Ecoboost, POSSIBILITY of a 2.7 Ecoboost in it.

Either one will move it along just fine. The 2.7 is a surprisingly powerful little thing.

bronconut73

Bronco Guru
I read that tuners are getting 400hp out of the dual turbo 2.7 V6 with relative ease. Turbo engines are pretty easy to turn up the wick on so we shouldn't be surprised but 400 ponies from 2.7 liters is impressive right?
I think so.

bronconut73

Bronco Guru
Roughly 2.4 HP per cubic inch.... I might could find better.
But then again, I might have to look a while.

My Buddy just reminded me that the ecoboost 4 cylinder in the wicked little RS Focus makes "over 400 hp" stock.
So I guess 400hp is nothing for the 2.7 V6.

I am sure we won't get that kind of power in the new Bronco but it's nice to know the potential is there.

Boss Hugg

Contributor
Bronco Guru
My Buddy just reminded me that the ecoboost 4 cylinder in the wicked little RS Focus makes "over 400 hp" stock.

I am sure we won't get that kind of power in the new Bronco but it's nice to know the potential is there.

Someone will!

BRONCOchild

Bronco Guru
And, yet...here we are almost done with February and Ford still hasn't dropped even an official rendering of the 2020 Bronco.

BRONCOchild

Bronco Guru
Fixed it for you. ;D

Lol...that makes it easier to swallow. I heard in other forums that certain folks started to dissect Ford's statement and the 2020 date is a release of image or rendering, not the actual vehicle. So, if we go that route...you are absolutely correct.

ep67bro

Contributor
Bronco Junky
Loc.
Easton, MD
Yup 2021.
Because of the new ..new (not the global design out now) ranger and the redesign of the F150 all things are pointing towards a 2021 release. 2020 concept will be out. It really sucks I was hoping for something earlier thinking I may down size my truck and by 2020 I would be ready I always skip the first model year because it takes time to work the bugs out, so now Im out to 2022 for a new bronco....crap I don't even know what I am doing tomorrow say 4 years from now!

73azbronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru

400 at something around 8000 rpm. Not to useful stepping over rocks though...

bronconut73

Bronco Guru
No Sir not with the 2.7 and 3.5 EcoBoost V6's.

It is amazing how low of an rpm their near full torque comes on.
That fact is part of what converts so many folks after they drive one.

My Buddy has an EcoBoost 3.5 in a regular cab, short bed F-150 with a 4.11 rear gear.
It's a stunner. It will pin you in the seat.

I understand where you're coming from where most turbo engines are very peaky. But that is not the case with the 3.5 EcoBoost V6 though, that is part of the beauty of a dual turbo system where you can have quick spool up from the smaller turbo "and" the high flow of the bigger turbo.

Nobody

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stanwood
I used to be a die hard V8 guy, but no more. I have a 3.5L EB F-150 and it's very impressive. The 10 speed transmission is great too. Shifts are almost undetectable. I'd welcome both in the new bronco.

Yes there's nothing quite like the roar of a healthy V8 to get your blood pumping, but the silent era is upon us. Maybe in the future we can just push a button the dash to make V8 noise in our all electric Broncos ;D

sykanr0ng

Bronco Guru
Yes there's nothing quite like the roar of a healthy V8 to get your blood pumping, but the silent era is upon us. Maybe in the future we can just push a button the dash to make V8 noise in our all electric Broncos ;D

Which is why I believe the Bronco should not be brought back.
An electric kiddy car is not a real Bronco.
Just sit in it and say 'Vroom vroom.'

Nobody

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stanwood
Which is why I believe the Bronco should not be brought back.
An electric kiddy car is not a real Bronco.
Just sit in it and say 'Vroom vroom.'

I don't think you understand how awesome EV is going to be. Crawl ratios and lockers will no longer matter, independent wheel control, full torque at 0 rpm.

Just watch some of these Tesla racing videos

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=upHDadCvorY

yidfvy12srqy.jpg

Last edited:

73azbronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
So your supposed to strap 500lb battery packs to your bumper so you can make a trail run?