• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

New Bronco - press conf from Ford

BluebroncoNC

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Asheville, NC
Sales manager at my Ford dealership also asked me if I would bring my Bronco to the dealership and leave it at the release. Would keep it on the showroom floor for a week if I'm willing.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Sales manager at my Ford dealership also asked me if I would bring my Bronco to the dealership and leave it at the release. Would keep it on the showroom floor for a week if I'm willing.

Sure, but got to pay up right... :D

jim3326

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Appleturkey
Call me an optimist but...….. I see the delay as Ford listening to us and trying their best to get it right. 'If you don't have time to get it right the first time, when will you have time to do it over?'

crawln68

Bronco Guru
Here is my wish list of "must have's" if anyone from Ford is reading this.

Small 2 door like the EB. Boxy body like an EB.
V8 engine with power and torque.
Solid front axle. (optional lockers front and rear)
Low gearing the t-case.
Option for a manual transmission.

If you build a soccer mom SUV, I'm out.

englewoodcowboy

Lick Creek Restorations
My long term guess is that the friggin bean counters will eventually screw up any chance of this being a truck that I would want.

Between them and the "study groups" they have which is why it has been delayed. Do not expect it till 2021. They supposedly are well aware of what we want and we are supposedly going to be very surprised with what they bring to market. Unless it is something that can fight in the Jeep market and win, I will gladly stick with our EB's. We can build them new from the ground up now so dream on!

sykanr0ng

Bronco Guru
"Surprised" in a GOOD way or a BAD way?

For a long time I have thought the old commercial that said 'The best surprise is no surprise' had the right idea. How often is a surprise a good thing?

roundhouse

Bronco Guru
I agree, Ford management is really stupid. Getting rid of their cars because it don't make enough margin for them. Greedy BasXOXOCX! Besides the fact that at some point Gas will go up and there is going to be an immediate shift to cars from Trucks and SUV's! Well I have only ever bought Ford but if I can't go to them to buy my daily driver for commuting and I have to go buy a Dodge or Chevy car. I might like it more than a Ford then when I am ready to buy another truck or SUV I will probably just go elsewhere! Don't get me wrong I like my Bronco but to me that is when they made a decent vehicle. (Rant over)

I agree
Every other manufacturer is somehow smart enough to make small mid and full size passenger cars , both 2 door and 4 door and even rear wheel drive
And sell them at a profit

Honda
Toyota
Nissan
Hyundai
Kia
BMW
Benz
V W

It’s not a good sign that ford can not
Figure out how to do it
They’ve only had 100 years to figure it out

I dont buy new cars
Never have
Never will
So I got no dog in this fight
Way to much depreciation with a new car
Only exception is Toyota trucks
A used one cost nearly the same as a new one

I’m currently driving a 06 expedition
That cost $52k new
One owner garage kept 90k miles
I got For $3500 since that’s what the dealer offered as trade

My method of getting deals on vehicles is just tell friends and family that I will Be interested in paying cash for their car when they buy a new one if they do not mention trade in until the price is finalized on their new car
When the sales weasel asks about trade in just tell em you’re gonna give it to your daughter

Then after the price is finalized and the deal is done except signing the paperwork
Ask the sales weasel about trading it in ,
They usually offer 1/2 KBB trade in value and I just drove over to the stealership and hand over the cash

Really pisses off the sales weasel
But I get a good deal instead of the dealer

How car companies even sell new vehicles at their prices is beyond me

My next vehicle will be the nicest 88-91 K-5 Blazer or 93-96 FSB I can find

No plastic
Not purposely over complicated for no reason at all except to prevent anyone from being able to repair it

Not purposely made to fall apart three weeks after the warranty expires

Not purposely made out of flimsy plastic that costs thousands to repair when you barely hit something

I know someone that hit a deer in their three day old 2018 mustang and it got totaled , pushed the fenders back into the doors and blew every airbag , from hitting a deer and coming to a safe stop in the road

My sons daily driver is a 76 K10
Mrs roundhouses driver for the last 12 years is a 99 beetle turbo diesel 5 speed
And hopefully it will last many more years
Been trying to talk her into letting me build her a old air cooled beetle or a 66 mustang or 71 corvette or something but she likes the newbeetle

Last edited:

Rustytruck

Bronco Guru
After 2021 they better be looking for an all electric Bronco. Unless Trump can change a whole lot of smog rules. Why is Ford dumping small cars? Because they don't want to spend billions on them with no future pay back. Trucks and suvs have a little more time to change but not much. They are doing a wait and see if comon sense will come back yo the auto industry. Time will tell.

sk1nw4lk3r

I am a sales manager at a Ford dealer... and will likely have one or two of my Broncos here for the release, per the request of our owner.

Tiko433

Contributor
I know just enough to be dangerous
Loc.
South West Florida
Just read something about Ford doing a baby Bronco based of the Escape and doing the Bronco with some sky view roof thing. Shares the Ranger frame. I will be ok with sharing it’s frame but I hope they don’t blend the two. I like the new Ranger but it looks nothing like I want a Bronco to look like. I hope Ford doesn’t F this up. If they are serious about staying true to the Bronco roots then do it . A small off-road capable suv, removal top, 2 and 4 door option. Wait a minute I’m describing a Heep ....something they have been building year after year and has evolved to what is being sold today. I don’t keep up with sales numbers but you can’t throw a rock down the road with out hitting one. I hope Ford offered something to directly compete with the Rubicon. But this article did not get my hopes up I hope the link works guys
https://www.motor1.com/news/133270/new-ford-bronco-facts/

Last edited:

Jaxgtc

Get in Line

I am saddened that the Bronco has been relegated to 4th fiddle in 2019 announcements, but I completely understand that the Explorer, F series, and mustang are all cash cows and high production volume models. Just throw me a bone already and give me a spy photo or an interior photo - something….

Please tell the execs at blue oval that anticipation is turning into aggravation with the NB.

ransil

Bronco Guru
what they should do is take 10 or so all to different cities and just drive them around and see how many get thrown on the internet.

Bronco4x4

No confidence in Ford here. Look up the Jeep Gladiator Hercules. The new Raptor is nice as well.

BRONCOchild

Bronco Guru
I am saddened that the Bronco has been relegated to 4th fiddle in 2019 announcements, but I completely understand that the Explorer, F series, and mustang are all cash cows and high production volume models. Just throw me a bone already and give me a spy photo or an interior photo - something….

Please tell the execs at blue oval that anticipation is turning into aggravation with the NB.

I'm right there with you. It's beyond frustrating. I'm a loyal Ford owner. I've owned other vehicles as well, but a Ford has always been in my driveway. With that said, I am in the works for getting two new vehicles in the future. I am hoping the Ranger and the Bronco would be them, but I don't like the styling of the Ranger. Secondly, the long wait for the Bronco makes me look at the 4-Runner with more interest.

I know that my purchase(s) doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things, but for me it does. Because I will forgo what I've known for just about my whole life and get something that I know will suit me better-like a Tacoma and a 4-Runner (I need a commuter, a family vehicle and a vehicle that can haul stuff).

rmk57

Perhaps, hopefully saving the best for last...... clever marketing I think.

roundhouse

Bronco Guru
I'm right there with you. It's beyond frustrating. I'm a loyal Ford owner. I've owned other vehicles as well, but a Ford has always been in my driveway. With that said, I am in the works for getting two new vehicles in the future. I am hoping the Ranger and the Bronco would be them, but I don't like the styling of the Ranger. Secondly, the long wait for the Bronco makes me look at the 4-Runner with more interest.

I know that my purchase(s) doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things, but for me it does. Because I will forgo what I've known for just about my whole life and get something that I know will suit me better-like a Tacoma and a 4-Runner (I need a commuter, a family vehicle and a vehicle that can haul stuff).

Can’t go wrong with a Taco or 4-Runner

I’ve had several of each and they were extremely reliable
330k on one with zero repairs other than consumables

And they hold their value way better than any other car
I recently bought a nice , under 100k miles 06 4wd expedition limited for $3500
You won’t find a 06 4runner or taco for double that
Probably cost you triple or more

Today i bought a 02 4wd Jeep Liberty in nice shape for $500

What’s a 02 taco or runner worth ?

And I would never ever buy a car that’s the first or second year or production

Who wants another 6.0 ?
The 6.0 is living proof that Ford doesn’t test anything before they start selling em

rguest3

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I am a Loyal Ford Owner as well. I currently have a 2018 4-runner and a 2012 FJ. Both of these trucks are great and extremely reliable and very Off-Road worthy with minimal modifications. Much better quality than the JK Unlimited I used to have.

Until the new Bronco comes out, I am very happy with the Toyotas. I'll wait to see what Ford actually produces - Not really getting my hopes up - for the new Bronco and decide from there. I will also wait a year or two to get vehicle feedback before purchase.