• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

New Bronco - press conf from Ford

sykanr0ng

Bronco Guru
We had a Ford rep at the LEBC Round Up this past weekend and he addressed the crowd for a few minutes. He confirmed that Ford will be focusing on Trucks, Utilities and Performance. As the article says the Mustang will be kept in the line up but will likely get out of the sedan market. Interestingly he said they are developing a performance SUV based on the Mustang. That should be interesting. He threw out some statistics to support Ford's new direction so I'm not sure throwing in the towel is the right description. They ran a market analysis and concluded that market is dying.

He was not allowed to divulge much on the new Bronco (he came with corporate "approved" talking points!) but did say it was going head to head with the best competition (inferring Wrangler) and that they were looking to work with aftermarket companies for aftermarket support. The vendors in attendance liked that! Overall he didn't give much new info but what he said seemed to say they were going to have a Wrangler competitor and they were going to do it better. So, fingers crossed they actually come out with something we Bronco enthusiasts like.

But not enough to give people much advance planning time.
This cute game of hiding what it looks like and any details about it will hurt them with the aftermarket.

Rustytruck

Bronco Guru
They have to deal with the aftermarket for up to date free design work by specking the after market parts in up grade packaging. Much like Toyota does with its upgraded Tacoma's and Tundras. They have enough trouble building the base models.

Cars are not selling well they last too long. Have you noticed the $1500 used car market lately you can get allot of nice beater cars.

Hozr

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Oly, WA
Basically giving the car market to Europe and Japan (and Korea), what a shame. Audi and BMW are chic, and Toyota and Honda kill everyone on quality. Kia is not far behind. I guess they just threw in the towel. I do have concerns with the big 3 putting all of their eggs in two baskets (trucks and SUVs). Hope it works out for them in the long run.

Now where's my New Bronco!

What is the purpose of Fords "sedans"? They were never really intended for public consumption post 80's. They were designed for fleet vehicles and honestly, Ford is way ahead in recognizing where the fleet game is going - -Electric/hybrid/utility. They have nothing in that segment anyone wants so why waste money building the cars?

Police have gone almost exclusively SUV/Pickup - killed crown vic. Govt has gone mostly hybrid/electric - Killed fusion/taurus.

Why compete for the few meager public customers in a segment dominated by Japan/Europe right now? Focus on their dominance of the truck/suv market.

FRANKO289

Contributor
Bronco enthusiast
^^^^^ hey but why not built something cool pp would actual wanna buy and can afford ( not like the gt40 ) ...
or better just bring of the the new Ford Capri from Germany !!! I WOULD BUY IT !
I know my kids love the look of the new ford-evos .........

Mustang and 4 suv's and pickups ... all in 8 diff colors ! GREAT !!!!!!

Attachments

• 2018-ford-capri.jpg
    2018-ford-capri.jpg
    107.3 KB · Views: 85
  • 2018-Ford-Capri-.jpg
    2018-Ford-Capri-.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 82
  • ford-evos-_jpg_h380.jpg
    ford-evos-_jpg_h380.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 76

Crush

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Greenbottom, WV
I like that Capri, Franko. they should bring it over and call it a maverick or comet/cyclone/meteor or another cool old name.

FRANKO289

Contributor
Bronco enthusiast
I love all the euro v6 capri's ! especially done by cosworth !

living in euro I Had 3 of them, inc. 3.0L ... and yes all w. proper manual gearbox

Attachments

• $_57.jpg
    $_57.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 86
  • 29Cologne24V.jpg
    29Cologne24V.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 80
  • img_20381.jpg
    img_20381.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 79

Glass Pony

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Sussex County Delaware
My first car was a 1971 Capri 4 cylinder. Then I had a second one, a 1974 with the V-6. That V-6 one was fast, as it could run with small blocks especially out of the hole.
It was all fun until I blew the transmission at the local drag strip.:-[

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
One of my ex-brother-in-laws (I've had 10 B-I-L's!!) had a nice Capri when he married my sister. He was a dud but his car was nice! %)

FRANKO289

Contributor
Bronco enthusiast
The min I get a FL transporter or dealer plate I will actively pursue via capri club germany and eventually bring a 3.0 or 3.2 turbo cosworth to the US !

bin drooling for years now over a few nice once ....

also have a fancy for ford sierra cosworth ( last pic of a good one ) but if I have to pick btw the 2 , the Capri is IT !

whats not to like !

Attachments

• capri-cosworth.jpg
    capri-cosworth.jpg
    178.6 KB · Views: 87
  • Cosworth_Capri_DRM_1974.jpg
    Cosworth_Capri_DRM_1974.jpg
    121.2 KB · Views: 86
  • findyno2.jpg
    findyno2.jpg
    206.7 KB · Views: 87
  • Ford-Capri-RS-Cosworth_3.jpg
    Ford-Capri-RS-Cosworth_3.jpg
    249.1 KB · Views: 74
  • fd5e7e3d0509c0f946e40a5c9d366064.jpg
    fd5e7e3d0509c0f946e40a5c9d366064.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 87

FRANKO289

Contributor
Bronco enthusiast
but to stay on-topic ....

If GM is smart enough to bring the good GM cars from Europe, rebadge them to buicks and sell them in the US why cant Ford US do the same !

Fine don't let the good stuff from Europe be Fords . How about rebadge them to mercury's ..... just like Ford US did in the 70s w. the ford capri's from Europe !!??
Nothing new ....
How hard can it be !

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
The min I get a FL transporter or dealer plate I will actively pursue via capri club germany and eventually bring a 3.0 or 3.2 turbo cosworth to the US !

bin drooling for years now over a few nice once ....

also have a fancy for ford sierra cosworth ( last pic of a good one ) but if I have to pick btw the 2 , the Capri is IT !

whats not to like !

I hope it happens for ya. ;)

matts460

Wish they would have brought over the Aussie Falcons and Ute's before Ford Australia killed off the Falcon in 2016 for the new "global platform" after over 50 years of non stop production from the same Broadmeadows plant. They also had FPV- Ford Performance Vehicals. Look up the 2016 fpv Falcons!

Hozr

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Oly, WA
but to stay on-topic ....

If GM is smart enough to bring the good GM cars from Europe, rebadge them to buicks and sell them in the US why cant Ford US do the same !

Nothing new ....
How hard can it be !

E. P. A.

and F'ing CARB. They want ZERO emissions, nothing else.

lonesouth

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Disclaimer: Legislation in California is known to the rest of the United States to be cancerous to economic development, quality products, and the general well being of others.

FRANKO289

Contributor
Bronco enthusiast
Wish they would have brought over the Aussie Falcons and Ute's before Ford Australia killed off the Falcon in 2016 for the new "global platform" after over 50 years of non stop production from the same Broadmeadows plant. They also had FPV- Ford Performance Vehicals. Look up the 2016 fpv Falcons!

I don't have to look it up .... a military guy who was stationed overseas, now living in cape coral brought one w. him + 3years ago !

you can hear and feel him from 1/4 mile away .... no US vehicles w. that kinda deep rumble !

just awesome !!!

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
I just was passed along some info from a un named source....
"The new Bronco will have a rugged mirror, with an integrated forward facing trail light, that may double as a spot light too."

Bronco Junkie

So Cal Broncos
Solid front axle, no - 2-door, no - Retro looks, no BUT rugged mirror. Just what everyone was asking for. %)

BRONCOchild

Bronco Guru
I really love and hate how a lot of us have "unnamed sources" that "work close" with ford. It's just amusing.