• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Need some steering column / wheel learning

66horse

Bronco Guru
Ok the 66horse has the original 3 on the tree column but has an auto trans (c4) these days and an aftermarket steering wheel.

What I want to do is put in an auto column (to get rid of the floor shifter) that will let me run an original steering wheel.

What year columns (if any) will let me do this?

Alternatively, what aftermarket columns work to run the stock steering wheel?

Thanks in advance!

Cheers,
Steve

thegreatjustino

Contributor
Red Head Grease Monkey
Loc.
Stockton, CA
73 & 74 auto columns will work in your '66 for sure. I believe in '75 when the steering wheel changed, there was a change to the steering shaft. It's my understanding that the '66 shaft will fit in the later column, so that should work. Again, just my understanding, others will verify or tell me I'm full of it I'm sure.

broncnaz

Bronco Guru
Im pretty sure any of the stock bronco auto columns would psyhically accept the stock steering wheel. but they are some differances in the horn and other wiring and hazard switch differances. Although I could be wrong. But for sure the 73 column would work.
But some of the IDIDIT columns from WH accept the stock steering wheel.