• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Need help with explorer valve cover options. PLEASE

widowmaker77

Contributor
Ok I’m trying to use the explorer efi on a 94 f150 engine I had. I got all the efi stuff from a 99 explorer but didn’t get the valve covers since my idiot self thought they would be the same as to what I already had on the f150 engine. The salvage yard has since closed down and there are not anymore around me that have any explorer motors. I cannot find a set of explorer valve covers anywhere. What have you guys used that work with the factory efi and oem gt40 rockers? I’m not looking for chrome valve covers. If I we’re to rotate the upper intake, what issues would that create?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    240.3 KB · Views: 23
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    282.1 KB · Views: 23

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
What if someone found you a set of Explorer valve covers at a local junkyard for a reasonable price?

Todd Z.

OP
OP
widowmaker77

widowmaker77

Contributor
What if someone found you a set of Explorer valve covers at a local junkyard for a reasonable price?

Todd Z.
I’m good with that also. In fact I really prefer the oem look. I would like to see what other options there are though

Timmy390

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Conway, AR
No modifications. The filler valve cover is off an f150. The other is van. Gt40P heads stock valve train with explorer upper and t-body

Give it a try.....maybe it will work for you.

Tim

OP
OP
widowmaker77

widowmaker77

Contributor
No modifications. The filler valve cover is off an f150. The other is van. Gt40P heads stock valve train with explorer upper and t-body

Give it a try.....maybe it will work for you.

Tim
Thanks! I sue will

OP
OP
widowmaker77

widowmaker77

Contributor
Thanks for the suggestions. I turned them around and it fit good!