• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Need help from the experts- 1974 bronco ranger color options

What colors were available in 1974 on a bronco ranger? I was told red interior was available in 1974. I would like to paint my bronco Raven black with a red interior. Could you get this color combo factory in a ranger or explorer?

House

Minutia Militia
I think it would look good, but I have my doubts of one ever existing.
If that's not the way your Bronco came, and you are changing it, why do you care about what was available? ;)

ford man

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Leesburg Ga
What colors were available in 1974 on a bronco ranger? I was told red interior was available in 1974. I would like to paint my bronco Raven black with a red interior. Could you get this color combo factory in a ranger or explorer?

I do not think so there was never a red interior color for the rangers. I have only seen blue,brown,and green there were different variation of these colors but no red.There was a red in 74 but it was the explorer look at walker family build here on the form and you will see the original red interior. Black rangers had brown interior.

Slowleak

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Georgia
Rangers all came with houndstooth seat covers which were only available in Blue, Ginger(brown) and Avocado(green) in 74. Tan was an option later but never red.

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
Black with red would be a killer combination. I bet Bronco Hut could fix you up!

House

Minutia Militia
Black rangers had brown interior.

I have seen more than one Black Ranger with Avocado interior which leads me to believe that may have been an option, But I never saw a window sticker or a Marti Report to verify them...

OP
OP
74broncoranger
Thanks everyone for the info. I own the 74 ranger now. But a customer wants to buy it and have me restore it with a black exterior with red interior houndstooth. He asked me about factory colors they had. Seat covers will be made by bronco hut and ranger stripe kit from Broncitis

FRANKO289

Contributor
Bronco enthusiast
Thanks everyone for the info. I own the 74 ranger now. But a customer wants to buy it and have me restore it with a black exterior with red interior houndstooth. He asked me about factory colors they had. Seat covers will be made by bronco hut and ranger stripe kit from Broncitis

start a built thread and post tons of pix !! ( pay the few bucks to be a Contributor so you can post photos )

http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34373

OP
OP
74broncoranger
Not sure when I will be starting on the 74. Have a few other projects I need to finish up first. I attached a pic the day I bought it.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 52

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Including the ultra rare Special Decor Christmas Flocking treatment even!
Should look great in black.

Paul