• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

My floor pan install...with Wife's help

Chief Master Sergeant

Retired U.S. Air Force
I know they're not that pretty, but they're better than what we started with. Here's what we started with...

Attachments

• DSC_0115.jpg
    DSC_0115.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 169
  • DSC_0116.jpg
    DSC_0116.jpg
    110.8 KB · Views: 149
  • DSC_0117.jpg
    DSC_0117.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 151
OP
OP
Chief Master Sergeant

Chief Master Sergeant

Retired U.S. Air Force
Here's what we did...

I know my welds are ugly, but I kept burning holes through the metal and had to pile the weld up to fill those holes. ROOKIE! It will all be covered with liner someday anyway.

Attachments

• DSC_0264.jpg
    DSC_0264.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 220
  • DSC_0415.jpg
    DSC_0415.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 207
  • DSC_0416.jpg
    DSC_0416.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 202
  • DSC_0423.jpg
    DSC_0423.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 193
  • DSC_0425.jpg
    DSC_0425.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 199
OP
OP
Chief Master Sergeant

Chief Master Sergeant

Retired U.S. Air Force
We overlapped them at the top only. Not pretty, but glad to have them done so we can focus on getting the wiring and dash installed.

OP
OP
Chief Master Sergeant

Chief Master Sergeant

Retired U.S. Air Force
I got this set from Bronco Hut. Love the two piece design, as opposed to other vendors pans I've tried. Reasonably priced too.

Mill KNOB

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Rock Hill, SC
Looks great to me. Clean up looks good. Now you will not have to worry about the floor pans any more. Will need to put some seam sealer under the Bronco where you overlapp the old with the new. What I did when I replace mine to keep from a new place to start rusting.

frenchy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Welds can be ground down it's the satisfaction of doing it yourself that counts!!
Great job! With the wife taboot, you got a good women!!

frenchy

sellitall

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Malvern, Pennsylva
Looks great. I actually like the idea of the two piece floor. I might get them and flange the bottom of the lower pan to give a little more meat to weld them together. Do you know what the thickness of the pans are? They look pretty thick which is also a plus.

Keep up the good work:cool:!!

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Nice work Chuck!! Glad she helped ya.. ;) Great bonding time

OP
OP
Chief Master Sergeant

Chief Master Sergeant

Retired U.S. Air Force
Looks great. I actually like the idea of the two piece floor. I might get them and flange the bottom of the lower pan to give a little more meat to weld them together. Do you know what the thickness of the pans are? They look pretty thick which is also a plus.

Keep up the good work:cool:!!

They are 18 gauge.

mattyq17

Bronco Guru
looks good I will be starting my passenger side hopefully this week, my step son is taking welding in high school so I am going to have him help me!