• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Moving to the US...can i find a bronco at decent price

montmorcey

Loc.
New York
Hey. Im moving to NY with work for three years. I hate leaving my bronco behindnhere in Sweden, but to make up for it would like to own a bronco over there as well.

Some quick question for someone:

I will live in NY state, does it matter if i buy the car in another state, or will that trigger different taxes and different requirements on the car?
Can you suggest a good insurance for old cars?

And most importantly, does anyone know of a bronco for sale in the NY area? :D

broncodriver99

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Glen Allen, VA
You can buy a vehicle in any state but ultimately it will need to be registered in NY since that is where it will be located and operated. When you register it is when you would pay the taxes on it.

WheelHorse

Bronco Guru
Do you see road salt over in Scandie-land?

Something to consider over in NY.

OP
OP
M

montmorcey

Loc.
New York
Do you see road salt over in Scandie-land?

Something to consider over in NY.

Tons of salt here...
Ok so i should probably buy one from florida, texas, arizona or something?
And you pay taxes even though the car is old? In sweden, 30 year old cars are tax excempt.

70_Steve

Old Guy
And you pay taxes even though the car is old? In sweden, 30 year old cars are tax excempt.
Different states call it different things. Tax, registration fee, etc. Typically based on the book value of the vehicle. Here in Arizona I pay $19 a year to register my Bronco.

WheelHorse

Bronco Guru
AZ and NM are pretty dry. Texas away from the sea is ok as well, but I've seen some by the golf that are pretty rotted.

If you bring one up and expect to drive it through the salt for a few years, use this stuff:

http://www.kbs-coatings.com/Cavity-Coater.html

Coat it everywhere, inside the door pillars, tail gate, rockers (don't block drains)

In my own independent study, a wax held up the best to IL road salt. I tried Fluid Film and any other oil and after a few washes it almost seemed to attract salt where as the heavy duty wax held strong.

77BRONKOTN

Tons of salt here...
Ok so i should probably buy one from florida, texas, arizona or something?

No such thing a rust free Bronco, not even sure there any less rusty ones. I'm convinced the factory sprayed rust on before the paint.

OP
OP
M

montmorcey

Loc.
New York
No such thing a rust free Bronco, not even sure there any less rusty ones. I'm convinced the factory sprayed rust on before the paint.

Crazy thing is that my 74 bronco that came to sweden in 76 has no rust...really no rust att all. Its insane. A 2006 mercedes has more rust than this one. Then again it only has 2000 miles on it as it was bought as a service vehicle from the beginning.