• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Moving my bronco to Calgary!

Jamoaus

So its time to pack up and leave California behind for a new life in Calgary, Canada (my wife is originally from there).
I'll keep the 68 mustang in Cali but was thinking of taking my 72 bronco up there. Anybody taken their Bronco up to Canada? Ive been reading an older post that they dont allow lifted vehicles into Canada, but there are a ton up here? Found that a little strange.

MThalfcab

Contributor
Living the Poor Life
Loc.
Yaak, Montana
So its time to pack up and leave California behind for a new life in Calgary, Canada (my wife is originally from there).
I'll keep the 68 mustang in Cali but was thinking of taking my 72 bronco up there. Anybody taken their Bronco up to Canada? Ive been reading an older post that they dont allow lifted vehicles into Canada, but there are a ton up here? Found that a little strange.

Calgary, lol, you think Biden is a POS, wait til you go to Canada, more rules there that will have you back in CA with Newsome quick. We here in Montana get all kinds from Calgary and alls they do is complain about it, well maybe you'll fit in since that's all the Americans do lately, complain about where they live.

duffymahoney

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Calgary is 5 hours from here, amazing place with amazing people. They also vacation here a lot! There are more lifted trucks in Calgary then any other place I have ever been. I think what you have heard is false.

I hope you like winter:)

OP
OP
J

Jamoaus

Calgary, lol, you think Biden is a POS, wait til you go to Canada, more rules there that will have you back in CA with Newsome quick. We here in Montana get all kinds from Calgary and alls they do is complain about it, well maybe you'll fit in since that's all the Americans do lately, complain about where they live.
Super helpful post... There's always gotta be someone to bring politics into the conversation. Well done.

Gpops

Live in Calgary, its a great place to be if you like the outdoors with beautiful mountains and rivers nearby, Banff national Park and Jasper get visitors from all over the world. More F150's and trucks here than anything else, no issue with lifted vehicles. Only thing you need if you register it here is an out of province inspection which just looks at mechanical function. Was no problem registering my Bronco up here after I bought it in Montana.

aisawalsh

I agree with Gpops, I live north of Calgary Alberta and just had an out of province (same as out of country) inspection on my 74 bronco. As long as it is a solid vehicle both mechanically and body (no major rust holes or major oil leaks, etc.) then you should have no issues. Hopefully my 1960 M100 big back window truck passes its out of province as easily as my bronco (fingers crossed, LOL).