• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Met another Bronco enthusiast yesterday

Heus33

Bronco Guru
Its very rare to see a Bronco around Buffalo let alone an enthusiast like one of us. Went to check out some parts that I found on CL and turns out this guy builds Broncos professionally! He had pictures of a finished half cab, a roadster that was under construction, a high dollar LUBER that he sold to a local guy and some project broncos that were currently being restored or used for parts. Needless to say I was in all my glory.

Spent about an hour there shooting the schite and he showed me his latest acquision. It was a 73 that he picked up in Colorado or IL (dont remember). This thing was hilarious. 12" of lift, 44" gumbo mudders, blocks in the rear, scary drop radius arm brackets and some very creative engineering. The best part by far was the 2nd gen bronco headlights that were grafted into the original EB grill - it wasn't pretty.

The truck probably was pretty sweet back in the day. It had molded in door inserts and a nice cage but everything else was rotted out - no floor, flaky frame, etc. He was using it for parts - it was beyond repair.

But all in all a great day. We swapped some parts and traded a few stories. I'll need to see that roadster in person some day. Don't know why I didn't snap a pic of the bronco he had in the garage - shame on me.

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
shame on you is right! good day overall then? win and all!