• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Meet Carl, (68 Bronco)

Rustytruck

Bronco Guru
Jonathan, I hope you don't get too jealous sharing your wife with Carl. It will be interesting how this turns out. Many a wife have been jealous of a Bronco mistress and now the shoe is on the other foot.

May you have many adventures entering the Classic Broncos way of life.

tymbom

Loc.
Yreka, Siskiyou
Thanks for the warm welcome guys! My wiring skills are basic, I've done plenty of it, just not a whole vehicle. At least Broncos are pretty simple vehicles...

I had big plans to get some time in the shop to keep pecking away at Carl, but a sleepover that lasted all day killed Saturday. Oh well. I've been researching 5 speed swaps. I know the Zf, NV4500, and NV3550 are popular, how about the Mazda 5 speed? There's a couple F150s in a wrecking yard near here that I have access to. I don't think Carl needs the beef of the ZF or NV.

tymbom

Loc.
Yreka, Siskiyou
Jonathan, I hope you don't get too jealous sharing your wife with Carl. It will be interesting how this turns out. Many a wife have been jealous of a Bronco mistress and now the shoe is on the other foot.

May you have many adventures entering the Classic Broncos way of life.
I'm not worried... She's been with me on all sorts of adventures, now she'll get to drive while I relax! Lol. She's driving the big Chevy on 40s up a fun hill climb while I watch... My Jeep is our other project we're working on. She's been helping me along the way with it, so it's only fair I build her something.
f6c6a3c9430d261fa7f65266c44be1d9.jpg
5661064403c395ed5a3f4339a9c9d38d.jpg
852977f09ca1cc663e679bdbc085e625.jpg

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Great Pics man..

Good times

I'm not worried... She's been with me on all sorts of adventures, now she'll get to drive while I relax! Lol. She's driving the big Chevy on 40s up a fun hill climb while I watch... My Jeep is our other project we're working on. She's been helping me along the way with it, so it's only fair I build her something.

k

tymbom

Loc.
Yreka, Siskiyou
Did a little tinkering the other day... I'm planning to run a single 23 gallon tank from Tom's Bronco Parts. Normally I don't care much for body lifts, but these trucks need room under the hood and transmission hump. So we've got a 2in body lift from Wildhorses. It's the black anodized version with new body bushings. So I got into the shop and started pulling the original fuel tanks off. It took me awhile, but I managed to pull the forward tank and the remainder of the exhaust system. Good grief there was alot of dirt under there... I plan to crawl under there with a wire wheel and clean the bottom of the floorboards and spray some undercoating. Thanks for checking it out.
997460a013ab082794a4a8310e5aafa8.jpg
4f275c86d2ccc7991dfb171c76a32635.jpg

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk