• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Making Papa proud...

Izzy

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Texas
My 6 year old damn near made me cry the other day. Had our parent teacher conference and halfway through the meeting, she showed us this book. I didn't hear a word the teacher said after that. About 10 minutes later she asked if we had any questions, I simply said, "Yes, can I get a copy of that book?"

The first pic is Hayden's writing and the remaining pics are the published pages from his writing.

Not bad pictures either huh? I thought it was sooo cool...

Attachments

• scan0002.jpg
    scan0002.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 194
  • scan0003.jpg
    scan0003.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 172
  • scan0004.jpg
    scan0004.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 169
  • scan0005.jpg
    scan0005.jpg
    197.9 KB · Views: 160
  • scan0007.jpg
    scan0007.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 144
  • scan0009.jpg
    scan0009.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 157

1975stroppebaja

Bronco Guru
That is awesome! You should definitely be proud :)

We also went to parent teacher night about a month ago and the teacher showed us our little girl's journal (kindergarten). No Broncos but there was some great stuff in there.

Thanks for sharing.

BRONCOchild

Bronco Guru
definately one of those you frame and put on the garage walls as a constant reminder.

frenchy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Thats so awsome. I remember those days with my daughter and still have those kind of pics saved. She's 26 now but still loves my broncos!

frenchy

Tedster100

Chairman of the Bored
That's way cool!!

My daughter is 11, she's already got her eye on my 73 for when she can drive. I'm getting close to the end of the build and she want's to help real bad. I think it's so she can tell he friends that she helped. Had her help with the bedliner and drill some holes. She asked me tonight if I could wait to put the doors on till she can help. I think she's more proud of it than I am....if that's possible.

Pedestrian

Bronco Missionary
It is moments like that that will be forever etched into the heart of a father.
Thanks for sharing it with the rest of us.

Bigbird

LMAO, I dig it!!! I love when little stuff like that comes home with the kids!!!

Nightstick

Bronco guy
That's pretty cool Izzy! I see a third bronco in the garage in about 10 years

OP
OP
Izzy

Izzy

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Texas
definately one of those you frame and put on the garage walls as a constant reminder.

Great idea. I didn't even think about that.

Thanks for all the comments. It's cool to see him taking an interest in the Bronco. Yesterday when I picked him up I could read his teachers lips saying hey thats a cool Jeep. Hayden quickly whipped his head up to her and said "It's a Bronco!!" What a feeling...

Heus33

Bronco Guru
When does the 2nd book come out?

"My dad hogs all of the good broncos in town"

TTTGOWYO

Tyler T. - EB Obsessed
Loc.
Louisville
that is great. My boy is 5 and he LOVES the Bronco. he is on me more than my wife about getting it back on the road. :) Great drawing.