• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Making inner fender mud guards for all 4 corners

reamer

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Designed to attach only to the inner fender lip and not touch the inside of the painted fender, keep the debris from packing up against the front by the grille, the top of the fender, and most important the "A" pillar (door hinge area). Also making the guards for the rear fenders too.....
First photo is the 3-piece assembled, #2 is front of inner fender, #3 is front part of the guard installed, #4 is "A"pillar , and #5 is "A" pillar part of the guard installed.
Only painted orange to highlight them.
Easily installed and removed, held in with Self tapping screws (only into the inner fender lip)

Attachments

• Front shield.jpg
    Front shield.jpg
    419.7 KB · Views: 138
  • Front without shield.jpg
    Front without shield.jpg
    271 KB · Views: 131
  • Front of shield.jpg
    Front of shield.jpg
    189.3 KB · Views: 123
  • Rear without shield.jpg
    Rear without shield.jpg
    302.4 KB · Views: 126
  • Rear of shield.jpg
    Rear of shield.jpg
    192.7 KB · Views: 138

JB Fab

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
I just bought a 74' from the original owner and he had done the same thing in the 80s
He used galvanized sheet metal due to the gravel road he lived on, they were the only thing not rusted through.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Designed to attach only to the inner fender lip and not touch the inside of the painted fender, keep the debris from packing up against the front by the grille, the top of the fender, and most important the "A" pillar (door hinge area). Also making the guards for the rear fenders too.....
First photo is the 3-piece assembled, #2 is front of inner fender, #3 is front part of the guard installed, #4 is "A"pillar , and #5 is "A" pillar part of the guard installed.
Only painted orange to highlight them.
Easily installed and removed, held in with Self tapping screws (only into the inner fender lip)

nice work

MarsChariot

Contributor
Planetary Offroader
Loc.
Albuquerque, New Mexico
O.K. I have cogitated on doing this for many years and these are good ideas. reamer, those are the best fit I have seen. Steve83, I have been looking for appropriate plastic material for doing this for years. You want to tell us a little more source information?

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Nice work! A lot of the pieces in my truck are gone now but a previous owner put a lot of rubber pieces in the fenderwells of our truck back in the '70s. I credit it for helping keep all my sheetmetal in nice shape.

Todd Z.

Steve83

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Memphis, TN, USA, Earth, Milky Way
You want to tell us a little more source information?
I went to the store, which was in a different building at the time, but it was http://www.45raceshop.com . It's the same material sign companies use to make plastic license plates for dealerships. I think I might have bought a 2~3x8~10' sheet. These are the closest I can find right now: https://allstarperformance.com/4x8-black-plastic-070in-all22248/

Here it is on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B006K8HX56/?tag=classicbroncos-20

This might be the lowest price per sq.ft (with free shipping): https://www.amazon.com/dp/B003TPJRCU/?tag=classicbroncos-20

Last edited:

MarsChariot

Contributor
Planetary Offroader
Loc.
Albuquerque, New Mexico
This is a simple thing to do, now that we have been shown where to source the materials, with a big impact, or rather the lack thereof! Always wanted to do this. Maybe now it can happen. Thanks.