• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

license plate holder repair

markatherton

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Anybody make a replacement for the plastic pin that holds the 2 parts of the license plate holder (bracket) together. I must have 20 of them...all broken. Mark in San Diego; Beach City Broncos

fordfan

Contributor
Bronco Guru
The pins are actually fiberglas. They are easy to make replacements for. I order the pin stock from McMaster-Carr in the correct diameter and cut them to length. When you bevel the cut edge like the original pin, its exactly like the original, except not broken.;)

thegreatjustino

Contributor
Red Head Grease Monkey
Loc.
Stockton, CA
Are you trying to be as authentic as possible or just looking for something that'll work?

I fixed mine years ago with a steel dowel rod cut to length. Take on half of the bracket to the hardware store and find the closest dowel size they have to match.