• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Leaf, Spring and Coil Replacement

tonytony9

Contributor
Hi Everyone!

I am looking for recommendations for a Leaf, Spring and Coil replacement (I am fine with a kit). I have uncut fenders and I am riding on stock tires/wheels, I do not want to do a lift. I do not offroad, mainly highway/mall cruiser. I plan to run hard top majority of the time, don't need to carry a heavy load and would prefer a more level look.

I used to mix & match with my Jeeps. I loved Fox/Bilstein for the shocks.

Any advice is greatly appreciated. I plan to DIY, as long as I can get the bolts to back out lol.

FYI, I need to redo all my steering. Have a nice death wobble around 40-55 mph.

Last edited:

Okie69

Contributor
The Bilstein offerings from the vendors combined with the 11 pack leaf springs and progressive coils they all offer are pretty awesome. I think most of them offer a stock height version as well.

Master Chief

Contributor
Bronco Guru
This kit …. just select the correct year of your EB (67-75, 76-77).

The factory shackles have a steel insert embedded within the rubber bushing. You can fight with them using a reciprocating saw or easily cut them out with a torch. The other option is to use new ones. WH has them too.

Where in the NE are you? The 10th annual May It Forward is coming up soon. Hope to see you there.

Roger

U13FL735

I wanted stock coils and leafs for my 66, and found them at Northeast for a good price. Shipping wasn't too horrible either. I'm not sure of all the choices available there. Give them a call, you'll most likely talk to the owner, Nick, who is very much a hands on guy. 302-397-8537.