• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Last Front Disk Coversion Question EVER!

Dakkota777

Loc.
Knoxville
OKay first off this group is great. Everyone has helped immensly. Couple of pearls for anyone thinking about doing any brake work. Flare wrenches are a good thing. You will not get 34 year old brake line fittings loose without them. For ME who will never do this again....yeah right....bending pre-fitted brake line to fit is MUCH easier than double-flaring your own. I'm going to throw this 29.00 crud flaring tool through the autozone window. okay anyway last question I hope....I have a 76 camper special MC autozone part # M1779 Does anyone know what size line adapter I need for the front(rear brakes)port. it's not 9/16 18 because thats the plug they sent with it and it doesn't fit....orrrrr and this is the way my weekend is going, the front port threads are buggered on the MC. Help! I want this girl back on the ground before my weekend is gone.

Viperwolf1

Contributor
electron whisperer
Why don't you just take it back to autozone and exchange it if the threads are bad?

OP
OP
Dakkota777

Dakkota777

Loc.
Knoxville
I will if they are bad. They look fine. The PO switched the lines from the MC to the H-block. They are 3/16 with 3/8 fittings and he used adapters on the MC. I was just wondering if anyone knew the thread size diameter for the front line outlet on the camper special. The bleeding kit included with the new MC says 9/16 18 on the plastic plug that fits into the front port. It LOOKED the same as the adapter on my old MC but it doesn't fit. I've already bench bled the MC so it's gonna be a pain if I have to take it into a parts store and try adapters till they fit. The bleed plug fits the old MC but it's a tiny bit loose so maybe my old adapter is 9/16 by 16? sigh. Haynes manual is no help.....OH well back to auto parts store for the third time this weekend.

OP
OP
Dakkota777

Dakkota777

Loc.
Knoxville
Okay, got everything together and my fiance and I both test drove it. The brake pedal feel is really good. Softer than the stock feel but not too soft. Brakes stop MUCH better than expected. At this point I'm running GM disk's from Tom's up front with rebuilt drums in back. F-250 camper special MC and stock H-block. I planned on switching to a Pro-valve but after test drive it stops almost perfect no drum lock up on painic stops on pavement. Wet and or uneven road surfaces may be another story. I'll add the pro-valve and new MC to valve lines soon. Going the kit route definitly was expensive, if I could do it over I'd look for the parts locally. The conversion was really easy. The hardest part was when I screwed up the hard lines and tried to flare the old tubing for new fittings. Thanks again for all the help from everyone on this board.