• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

It Finally Happened...Heep Wave, but???

Tuck

My daughter & I were out in the half cab today & we were acknowledged by a heep driver, 1st time ever. We didn't get the coveted heep wave though, instead we got a thumbs up. Is there a difference in the two? Is one better than the other?

Anyway I took it to mean, "Hey, that Bronco looks good, wish I had one...I'd even trade you my heep & lots of money for your Bronco." It was either that or "I had to pick between a Bronco or a heep & dinette set...I went with the heep & dinette set..."

Mountain Ram

Contributor
Recovering Masshole
Loc.
Abingdon, VA
My daughter & I were out in the half cab today & we were acknowledged by a heep driver, 1st time ever. We didn't get the coveted heep wave though, instead we got a thumbs up. Is there a difference in the two? Is one better than the other?

Anyway I took it to mean, "Hey, that Bronco looks good, wish I had one...I'd even trade you my heep & lots of money for your Bronco." It was either that or "I had to pick between a Bronco or a heep & dinette set...I went with the heep & dinette set..."

Definitely an acknowledgement that you drive a higgher level of 4x4!!

TD

hannibal61577

Loc.
BOISE
I almost never get "the wave" when I'm out and about in the Willys. I'd just take it as a compliment. If he gave you the jeep wave, you could bash him for not knowing the difference. I like giving thumbs up to cool old vehicles I see and it doesn't matter what I'm driving at the time. Heck, he could be a guy like me who loves jeeps and broncos. ;D

Izzy

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Texas
I get waved at all the time by Jeeps. I wave back and smile knowing that mine is cooler than theirs. hehe ;)

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
LOL, funny. A thumbs up is good, acknowledging the EB superiority ;D

71massbronco

Bronco Guru
I used to get waved at by Jeeps (didn't see any EB owners) four wheel drivers of every sort in my East German Army truck. It has since been sold. I told people it was like driving a rock star around. People would gather around it while I was in the store wondering what the hell it was. It was bad ass.:cool:

Attachments

• ifa_w50_i000003.jpg
    ifa_w50_i000003.jpg
    141.4 KB · Views: 27
  • ifa_w50_i000004.jpg
    ifa_w50_i000004.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 22