• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

is my c6 a flying pile of pooo!!!???

broncomitch

Bronco Guru
Loc.
west jordan, utah
:cry: okay so i bought this c6 trans awile back and he said it was built for his built 351w but changed motors so the trans was sitting in his shed for i thik he said a year or two. he draineed all the a.t.f even the tconverter but he didnt tell me that. so when i put the trans in i fild up the trans and fired it and discoverd that it was empty. took her for a spin and worked grate. then i went down to moab and had a cooling line slip off the trans cooler :eek: and the fluid was dang near black. it didnt have more then 20 miles on it. the trans shifts good but cind of hard. my bro thinks its a locked up torkconverter? what do you guys think????? :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

OX1

Bronco Guru
If the converter is locked up the engine would stall. C6 is pretty tough, does not mean you did not smoke it if fluid was that low, but that should have shown up in shifting or even getting it in gear right away (especially cold). I'd flush it, reverse flush or replace your trans cooler and/or the lines and see if it helps.

bax

Contributor
Old Member
service that puppy and fill it up. You may get lucky

Mikey

Bronco Guru
..and if it don't workie right, I have a small block c6 sitting in a 79 Van that I had rebuilt 4,000 miles ago. It's a stock rebuild and the van is junked....needing to be shipped to a yard.

OP
OP
broncomitch

broncomitch

Bronco Guru
Loc.
west jordan, utah
well the engine bogs down when under load. gist hard to say. think ill flush her out and put a new converter in. might gist send the trans in to0 get looked at. gist worried if i flush it out now i might flush away all the clutch meteral with it then wont work at all. lol