• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Immediate Release - New Steel Bronco Tubs!

BRONCOBERT

Is it made in the USA or assembled in the USA?
Do we know if its assembled using the same parts as Dynacorn, I would assume so.

Broncitis

MEB Founder
I've talked to these guys the last couple years at Carlisle about these and also spoke with Daniel Carpenter about this as well this year.

Nice to see they are at least looking to be on track to come out with them as promised (unlike Dynacorn which has promised them for the last 5-7 years).

I have seen their reproduction Mustang bodies at the shows and they appear to be well made. I will be at Carlisle tomorrow and will check out the Bronco and will get some pics and details.

Hozr

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Oly, WA
ya but its made by dennis carpenter??? JUNK!

Ding ding ding ding ding! Winner winner Chicken Dinner! Most if not all the parts I bought from DC lasted less than 2 years and need to be replaced...

Odd that they have nothing about it on their website.....

Broncitis

MEB Founder
Is it made in the USA or assembled in the USA?
Do we know if its assembled using the same parts as Dynacorn, I would assume so.

According to them from my discussions with them at the shows, some parts are stamped in the Midwest, some overseas (supposidly their own, not Dynacorn). They are supposed to be assembled in Ohio and sold through DC for the licensing. I would assume they also use some existing parts from DC, some of which are made from original Ford tooling (i.e. tailgate).

Blue71

Contributor
Bronco Guru

Just curious what was JUNK at Carpenters. I have had good success with tailgates, bezels, body moldings, bumpers, door parts, lights, switches, trim, etc

Thanks,

Blue71

72_EB

Contributor
66to77
Cool stuff. Take lots of pictures at Carlisle, Drew. Eager for more details.

ncsubronc

Doesnt sound like a bad price for a brand new rust free tub. Wish I had the money for it! Might help drive down the prices of all the knuckleheads trying to sell piles-o-rust that need every panel replaced anyway saying "They don't make these anymore". Now you can say...oh yes they do! ;D

tinytim02

Contributor
A buddy of mine was at the Carlisle show today and sent me some pictures.

Attachments

• 2014100295132850.jpg
    2014100295132850.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 240
  • 2014100295132822.jpg
    2014100295132822.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 229
  • 2014100295132817.jpg
    2014100295132817.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 230
  • 2014100295132806.jpg
    2014100295132806.jpg
    103.2 KB · Views: 220

clarrance

Bronco Guru
Overall the fit and finish look very nice. Body lines look good, doors fit nice, etc. But I did notice the rear tailgate post is missing the inspection hole and the indent where the hard top post would have a bolt (only if it were a wagon). The floor and wheel tub does not have the little pocket hump for the rear shock either like the 67-77's had.

I would like to see under the hood (what style firewall it has), drivers inner rocker (if it has the indent for the Ford Emblem), and style of door posts.

OP
OP
T

Thoroughbredgt

Overall the fit and finish look very nice. Body lines look good, doors fit nice, etc. But I did notice the rear tailgate post is missing the inspection hole and the indent where the hard top post would have a bolt (only if it were a wagon). The floor and wheel tub does not have the little pocket hump for the rear shock either like the 67-77's had.

I would like to see under the hood (what style firewall it has), drivers inner rocker (if it has the indent for the Ford Emblem), and style of door posts.

Thanks for Posting. All of these Items listed were brought up during development and are in the process of being tooled. The bronco on display is a pre production unit. More replacement parts will be available from DC once all test fitting and cross checking is done to ensure accuracy and fitting on original tubs. The whole Bronco Project started out with Cad imaging original parts and body tubs to bring a far superior product to the market. Fixtures are built from the cad images and each Bronco tub is built on USA engineered precision fixtures for accuracy. Stay tuned for more information.

clarrance

Bronco Guru
Thanks for Posting. All of these Items listed were brought up during development and are in the process of being tooled. The bronco on display is a pre production unit. More replacement parts will be available from DC once all test fitting and cross checking is done to ensure accuracy and fitting on original tubs. The whole Bronco Project started out with Cad imaging original parts and body tubs to bring a far superior product to the market. Fixtures are built from the cad images and each Bronco tub is built on USA engineered precision fixtures for accuracy. Stay tuned for more information.

That is great to hear. Good job guys. Looks like the new tubs are going to be a hit.

surfer-b

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Great news, hope this all works out. They do look good from the pics and well worth the price.

BluebroncoNC

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Asheville, NC

No, that isn't what the announcement said, Dennis Carpenters is selling the bodies, not building them or the components. But, I'm still not sure about all the Dennis Carpenter hate, I have had a pretty normal experience with them, no different than any of the other supply houses we have in our industry.

Smedley

Loc.
Snohomish
Would something like this be paint ready or would additional body work need to be done?

Thanks
Will