• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Immediate Release - New Steel Bronco Tubs!

Thoroughbredgt

For immediate release:
September 30, 2014, Concord, NC & Canfield, OH
The 1966 through 1977 Ford Bronco, a small utility vehicle that has become so much more since its introduction almost 50 years ago, is set to be released again. Brand new steel bodies will be available for off-roaders and purists alike. Dennis Carpenter Ford Restoration Parts in conjunction with Thoroughbred International, the reproduction body experts, announced that the new bodies will go on sale in early to mid-January. The bodies will be modeled after the 1968-76 models.
“These new bodies will help to resurrect rugged workhorses and allow builders to create a rig to their own specifications without starting from a rusty, crooked beginning,” said Nate Miller, president of Thoroughbred.
Values for the original Broncos have been steadily climbing as enthusiasts clamor for the rugged looks and easy modifications. Due to limited rustproofing from the factory, few early Broncos have survived in anything close to good condition.
“This new body tub will allow owners of rusty and wrecked Broncos to begin again, without all the patching and welding,” said Miller. “It will save time and money versus restoring a rusty pile, a far better option for people who want a solid, durable vehicle.”
The new Broncos will be sold directly through Dennis Carpenter Ford Restoration Parts, and then shipped from Thoroughbred’s plant in Ohio. The new Broncos are designed, engineered, and assembled in the U.S.; they can be finished in silver weld-through or red epoxy primer. Doors, tailgates and fenders will be optional on top of the $8,950 MSRP.
“The demand for the first generation Broncos has been building for some time as good originals become scarcer and demand increases for high-quality Broncos,” said Daniel Carpenter of Dennis Carpenter Ford Restoration Parts. “We know that by using our quality parts and the proven quality of Thoroughbred in the body-building market, we have an excellent product that we are excited to get into the customer’s hands.”
Full floor and quarter panel assemblies, each built to the same exacting specifications as the full bodies, will also be available through Dennis Carpenter Ford Restoration Parts in January 2015. The first reproduction Bronco body, riding on a restored frame, can be seen at Fall Carlisle, at the Fall Hershey AACA meet, and at SEMA in Las Vegas in November.
Tom, Doug, Dick or Vince at Dennis Carpenter Ford Restoration Parts (704) 786-8139
info@dennis-carpenter.com
Harry Evans, Thoroughbred Int. (330) 533-0048, harry@thoroughbredgt.com
10710602_457888084349852_7815767305920128580_n.jpg

1781609_457887881016539_3912281556280219030_o.jpg

BRONCOBERT

Not sure if this would be for a purist, as they said?
Cost is listed in the article.

surfer-b

Contributor
Bronco Guru
This is good news as long as the everything lines up the way it should, I hope it is much better than some of the replacement parts that are being offered.

BR549

Loc.
huntsville
Post said door, tailgate and fenders not included. If fenders aren't included it seems a lot of other parts might be missing, such as hood and grill to name a few.....

lilthom

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Post said door, tailgate and fenders not included. If fenders aren't included it seems a lot of other parts might be missing, such as hood and grill to name a few.....
The article says "tub", not complete Bronco. It's a $9,000 tub.

Rox Crusher

Bronco Guru
Don't know if it is the pic or my fuzzy eyesite.............

Is there a seam between the rear quarter and the tail light / rear corner ?

FRANKO289

Contributor
Bronco enthusiast
the Q is how much as shown in pic ( ok ..minus frame, axels & wheels and all the chrome parts ) ??

BRONCOBERT

I can see a very faint line in two spots, now thats some good craftsmanship.
Thats easy take $8950 and the cost of the other parts. :D

fatboy

Contributor
Glad to be here.
Loc.
New Hampshire
From the one picture I can see a tail light seam but it looks like a one piece quarter (no upper and lower). A complete tub for under $9G's and I think they have a product. Will be interesting to see what a "Complete" body will run but it appears to be more favorable than the Dynacorn pricing. Of course Dynacorn still does not have an actual launch date that I am aware of.

Between this and new frame options, a real interesting market could be opening up.

Tedster100

Chairman of the Bored
Wooohooo! That's down the street! Now I only have to come up with 9K.

fordguy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I saw the their fb page the other day. better than dynacorn.

frenchy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I like the made in the USA part the best! The price isn't to bad either.

frenchy