• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Identifying a barn find...that may be for sale

smokinson

Fellow bronco owners, I need your help once again...Friend of mine has a bronco that we are trying to find more info about, and were having trouble finding the VIN stamp or plates anywhere...

Its been in his family since new, as his grand father purchased new, and it has sat in shed on concrete in California for many years. He just inherited it, and does not know what he has... I am trying to help him from across the country...Registration says its a '67, and the registration he has says the VIN is as follows:

U13MLB42338 and the Body Type says "RDSU13"

I tried to get him to find a vin on the passenger side frame rail ahead of the firewall where my '69's is, but did not know if it may be different on this year?

He says he sees a metal plate on the inside lower left wall, just left of the clutch, but its covered in spray rhino liner from a remodel/rebuild that was done 15 years ago...I told him to carefully try to remove the rhino liner to see what it reveals? He has not started that yet, so if that is a mistake please tell me...any info from you folks is always like gold in these situations...

JGbronc

Bronco Maniac
He has a 67 U13 Roadster, one of 698 made. So obviously it’s rare and sought after. The 4th character of that VIN should be N instead of M, which means it came with a 289 V8. The VIN should be stamped in or near the same area as your 69. I would definitely remove the liner from the tag, that will reveal details of how it was built originally.

I want to see pics! Is he selling? If so I’m interested!

OP
OP
S

smokinson

Yes...I think he will sell it. I will gab with him and try to get you two together so you all can work out something. I have given up trying to post pics here, as I am computer illiterate...but I will see what I can do...for all the help you have given me the few years I have been on here, I would be happy to see you get a bronco you want via my help!

ared77

Contributor
Bronco Guru
You could have your friend text or email pics directly to JGbronc. But if you need to put a couple on here, pm me and I'll put them on for you.

Norm

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Gonna just get all the good ones ain't ya LOL :)

Mr $$

He has a 67 U13 Roadster, one of 698 made. So obviously it’s rare and sought after. The 4th character of that VIN should be N instead of M, which means it came with a 289 V8. The VIN should be stamped in or near the same area as your 69. I would definitely remove the liner from the tag, that will reveal details of how it was built originally.

I want to see pics! Is he selling? If so I’m interested!