• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

I found a nice speedometer hole plug if you're running a GPS speedo

tonytheplumber

Loc.
Lowell, IN
For those of us running a GPS speedo and wanting a clean way to plug the existing speedometer gear opening in the tail housing of the Dana 20, or for those of us, like myself, who bought a project truck which was devoid of any speedometer gear housing whatsoever, I found this on Ebay. The seller is a gentleman out of CA who has these manufactured locally for NP 205s. Its just so happens they are the same dimension for a Dana 20. He did not know if it would work so I bought one with the understanding he would accept a return if it did not fit. I did not take any pics prior to installation, but the plug is about 5/8" long and has a ridge that also fits nicely into the machined recess on the face of the tail housing. I applied a small bead of sealant around it and slipped it into place.
If you happen to want one for the price of $26 delivered to your door go on eBay and search "NP 205 speedo plug". The guy's name his Tod and his cell phone number is listed in the "description" in the listing in case you have any questions.

Attachments

• image1.jpeg
    image1.jpeg
    19.3 KB · Views: 116
  • image2.jpeg
    image2.jpeg
    23.7 KB · Views: 119
  • image3.jpeg
    image3.jpeg
    21.6 KB · Views: 113

Broncobowsher

Total hack
There is an actual Ford part used as well. It's plastic, o-ring sealed. I think I got one off a 2WD v8 explorer.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
That's slick looking Tony. Thanks for posting up.
Be interested in seeing the Ford part sometime too though. But I sure like the aluminum look. (even under the truck where nobody will see it)

Paul

STalon89

Ordered. Funny, I was literally looking for this delete this morning.

OP
OP
tonytheplumber

tonytheplumber

Loc.
Lowell, IN
There is an actual Ford part used as well. It's plastic, o-ring sealed. I think I got one off a 2WD v8 explorer.

I did run across a plastic Ford piece as well but not knowing what would fit and what wouldn't I didn't want to take a chance on it. I've bought enough parts that I will not be using :(

That's slick looking Tony. Thanks for posting up.
Be interested in seeing the Ford part sometime too though. But I sure like the aluminum look. (even under the truck where nobody will see it)

Paul

It's the least I can do to make a contribution to this site. The knowledge I've gained and the questions of mine that have been answered on here is invaluable.

Ordered. Funny, I was literally looking for this delete this morning.

Nice!

JB Fab

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Tod Gordon is a great guy, if you ever need anything NP205, he is your guy.
NP205s are his specialty.

Jon