• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

How many of you guys plan on spending this summer restoring your Bronco?

Evian

Loc.
Algonquin/IL
I will be knee high into my restoration by June. Thank God to the very good weather we are experiencing in Chicago, I was able to mock up my Bronco with some of the parts I have ordered this Winter (about $5000 in parts). I plan on installing my new rear bumper and main gas tank cover this weekend if the weather stays nice. So far, I have installed new shocks, coils, leaf springs, a Tuffy center console, door cylinders, ignition cylinder, front 1/4 inch bumper and quarter panel armor plating. How about you guys? Have we launched early due to the good weather or are we on hold for Summer....??????? What are your plans?

Devin

Bronco Kineticist
Well, since I have spent the last 7 summers in "restoration" mode, I plan on ending the restoration this summer. My hope is to be driving around, but I imagine that there will be quite a few bugs to work out before I can "really" start driving it.

4lofun

ah, yes the summer restoration process. i sarted on my 66 with nephew david. floors cut out already.... rebuilt door hinge. just making it inspectable at first then next year hopefully have some extra money for paint and STUFF!!!!

noreasteb

Loc.
Narragansett
I'm with Devin. Been 3 yrs off the road and been putting a lot of time into it with sloooooow progress. Hoping to be "driving" it in a month and have it fully ready for my wedding in July. This was my last year spending irresponsibly, now onto family life w/bronco as first child ;D

Revelation

Bronco Guru
Summer? Well I have about 2 1/2 weeks and I plan on Driving mine EVERYWHERE!! by summers end I hope to have at least 15,000 miles on it!

shonivey

I got my 72 driveable so I can spend a bunch of summers on my 69. I hope for 3 years, but 7-10 will probably be closer....

777mechanic

Loc.
centennial colorado
i'm to sand blasting the body , then painting and rustproofing bottom . started oct. last year and should be albe to drive it in a month with prime but will just get it finished hopefully by the end of summer . i need to get signed up and post some pics have taken hundreds over the year . still need seats upgraded rad. waiting for chuck to build 4 core copper again and a full cage from bronco hut .