• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Holley universal 600cfm fuel bowl question

ChiefDan

Loc.
Columbia, SC
Does anyone know the part number for the front fuel bowl? I surfed the Holley site, and it is just terrible. I gave up. The float mechanism in mine seems to constant stick, and I've basically had it with trying to nurse it. I thought I would just replace the front fuel bowl and have all new float mechanics.<br><br>Thanks for any part number help.<br><br>Dan

Jeepster

Bronco Guru
There is really nothing to them. Just take the front bowl off and see where its binding. Should be able to "tweak" into submission.

67halfcab

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Michigan
[quote author=jeepster link=board=5;threadid=9085;start=0#64986 date=1032023199]<br>There is really nothing to them. Just take the front bowl off and see where its binding. Should be able to "tweak" into submission.<br>[/quote]<br><br>Yeah they are pretty simple and straight forward, you may see what is binding it once you pull the top off.

Mikey

Bronco Guru
Perhaps you need a new needle? If you are using the plastic whistle vent, get rid of it. They slowly droop down and push the float down. Another problem may be a pin hole in the float (if brass) or the foam ones eventually saturate and get heavy. The bowl is, just, well, a bowl...nothing to it. Getting a new one probably won't solve your problem.<br>Mike