• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Help Loading Project Bronco in Council Bluffs, Iowa on Friday Aug 9th

Jeff10

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Indianapolis
Hey Guys,

I will be driving to Council Bluffs, Iowa on Friday (08/09/13) to pick up a project Bronco from Mike Hewett.

I'll be bringing my truck and an open 18' equipment trailer. The main things that aren't included and won't require loading are the engine, transmission and transfer case.

I am supposed to meet Mike about 4:30 PM to load the Bronco for the trip back to Indy.

At the moment the body is on a rotisserie, although I have been told that it might be better to put the body back on the frame for the trip. My biggest concern is damaging the body on the trip back to Indy.

I'll be traveling alone, and it sounds like there aren't any extra hands at Mike's, although there is a tractor with a front end loader that we can use. I'd be willing to pay for a couple of extra sets of hands, or spring for pizza and drinks if anyone would like to help. It would be great if someone has experience doing something like this, too. I just don't want to mess up any of Mike's work.

I know it's short notice; but, I only found out that the trailer would be available yesterday afternoon. Mike has been great to deal with as I made arrangements to come and pick up the Bronco. I'd like to make it as easy for him when I pick it up as possible.

If you'd like more information, please post back here, or PM me for more details.

Thanks

Jeff

gnsteam

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Lincoln NE
Jeff,

Are you going to be loading on Friday or Saturday. Can't get away from work on Friday due to a co-worker having the day off and I also work my second job%) Friday evening till 9pm. I live in Lincoln but it's no trouble to get up there in about an hour. If you need any help on Saturday, even early morning let me know.

Heres a link to a thread of Nebraska Bronco owners. You can look through the thread. There are a few Omaha area members that you could send PM's too. Hope this helps.

http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?t=177603&highlight=nebraska+broncos

Fred

OP
OP
Jeff10

Jeff10

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Indianapolis
Hi Fred,

Thanks for the offer.

I have been talking with the seller, and he thinks between me, and his folks, that we can handle it. We are planning on loading it at about 4:30 tomorrow, if everything goes according to plan.

If we run into problems and it goes over into Saturday, maybe I could contact you on tomorrow evening.

I don't want to make more out of it than necessary; but, I also like to plan for the worst. I hate to contact too many people, not knowing if their help will actually be needed.

Thanks again for your offer.

Jeff

gnsteam

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Lincoln NE
Your welcome, just shoot me a message if you need a hand on Saturday. Good luck with the loading and have a safe drive home. Post some picks of your new project we you get a chance.

Fred

FJB

Just saw this post and talked to Mike. Sounds like you guys have it covered. Good luck with your project.

OP
OP
Jeff10

Jeff10

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Indianapolis
Hi,

Let's see some pics!

We swapped the body onto a different frame in early March. The painter has been working to correct fit issues and do all the prep work for painting. He was planning on painting this weekend. We'll see....

I plan on taking some time building it after getting it back. I'll at least post up a few pics after paint.

Take Care

Jeff