• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Heading South!

MThalfcab

Contributor
Living the Poor Life
Loc.
Yaak, Montana
In roughly 2 to 3 weeks I'll be heading from N/W Montana to Southern Georgia. I'm willing to stop by to meet fellow Bronco owners if you'd like and if you have some spare parts to rid yourself, maybe I can take them off your shoulders. In a few years when my grandson gets older I'm going to do a Bronco project with him, no, not some 100k or 200k or even 50k, I want him to learn that money doesn't come from trees or Grandpa and to work on his own to keep his ownings up to par, more of a shop class in high school but just before high school. There are also a few things I'm looking for for my Bronco, a steel non rusted bulkhead, a steel halfcab, 74 Explorer Blue good interior, rear tire carrier with inside brackets, just to name a few. My grandson's Bronco is going through a collecting stage, which will start this trip, lol!

Thanks for your time and I'll up date when I leave to put my phone on here so I can be contacted, thanks again,
MThalfcab

Last edited:

gnsteam

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Lincoln NE
Sound like a fun scavenger hunt. I'm in the middle of a restoration on my 76. So I have an assortment of used original parts available and I am on your way in Lincoln Nebraska. I will put together a list of what I have and post it here if your interested. I do have a complete spare tire carrier available.

Fred

OP
OP
MThalfcab

MThalfcab

Contributor
Living the Poor Life
Loc.
Yaak, Montana
Sound like a fun scavenger hunt. I'm in the middle of a restoration on my 76. So I have an assortment of used original parts available and I am on your way in Lincoln Nebraska. I will put together a list of what I have and post it here if your interested. I do have a complete spare tire carrier available.

Fred
Hey Fred,
Been going through Lincoln Nebraska since 2011 to Georgia, I go there for my family but now I figure, like Nebraska, Montana is a drive every where you go. I'm defiantly interested and look forward to meeting up with you.

Marvin

OP
OP
MThalfcab

MThalfcab

Contributor
Living the Poor Life
Loc.
Yaak, Montana

Fred
Morning Fred,

If you could, pls get me that list as soon as you can so I can plan. I appreciate you contacting me but when it get close, I leave at the drop of a hat, with the storms the Rockys are Whiting up!
Thanks
Marvin

Howard2x4x4

Contributor
Bronco Guru
What a good idea, and a great way to acquire parts and Bronco buddies at the same time! Lucky grandkid!

OP
OP
MThalfcab

MThalfcab

Contributor
Living the Poor Life
Loc.
Yaak, Montana
What a good idea, and a great way to acquire parts and Bronco buddies at the same time! Lucky grandkid!
Well I only see them once a year and figure I'd get my grandson started on the best 4x4 for growing up plus get a few parts for my 74 Explorer

gnsteam

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Lincoln NE
Here’s my list.
Complete tire carrier
Dealer installed single hoop four point roll bar
Main and aux fuel tanks with selection valve, skid plates mounts a filler neck for the aux tank.
Adjustable track bar
Radius arm pair
Used stock front and rear drive shafts
A pair of front disc brake rotors new
Full heater assembly including under hood intake
Used side marker and tail light lenses
Used chrome head light rings
New set of Duff long tube headers part number 3100D
New rear lift gate
Used stock 9 inch big bearing axles and Dana 44 axles

I may have missed a few items but this is what I can remember at this moment. Let me know if you’re interested in stopping by. I could private message you my cell number.

Fred

OP
OP
MThalfcab

MThalfcab

Contributor
Living the Poor Life
Loc.
Yaak, Montana
Here’s my list.
Complete tire carrier
Dealer installed single hoop four point roll bar
Main and aux fuel tanks with selection valve, skid plates mounts a filler neck for the aux tank.
Adjustable track bar
Radius arm pair
Used stock front and rear drive shafts
A pair of front disc brake rotors new
Full heater assembly including under hood intake
Used side marker and tail light lenses
Used chrome head light rings
New set of Duff long tube headers part number 3100D
New rear lift gate
Used stock 9 inch big bearing axles and Dana 44 axles

I may have missed a few items but this is what I can remember at this moment. Let me know if you’re interested in stopping by. I could private message you my cell number.

Fred
Hey Fred,
Thank you for getting back with me, yes im interested in stopping by, I don't know when exactly I'll be through Lincoln, the bucks are finally starting to come in but just the young ones for now. As soon as I can get my butchering taking care of I'll be heading out. Pm me your phone number and I'll text you once I get into NE What are you willing to take payment wise? When traveling I try not to carry cash as it's a long drive and I have lost $ in the past!
Thanks again

Marvin

gnsteam

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Lincoln NE
Hey Fred,
Thank you for getting back with me, yes im interested in stopping by, I don't know when exactly I'll be through Lincoln, the bucks are finally starting to come in but just the young ones for now. As soon as I can get my butchering taking care of I'll be heading out. Pm me your phone number and I'll text you once I get into NE What are you willing to take payment wise? When traveling I try not to carry cash as it's a long drive and I have lost $ in the past!
Thanks again

Marvin
I will send you a private message.