• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Got my new Wheels and Tires on!!!!

JohnJohn

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Richmond
It took me 5 years to get to this point. The point where my vision becomes a reality. I have been running around on borrowed 33" tires and finally saved up enough for my dream wheels. I just bairley make it in and out of my garage.

My specs are:
3.5" suspension 2" body lift

The first pic is my before pic. It was with 33" tires on 15" rims.

The after pic is 35" Mickey Thompson MTZ tires on 17X9.5 Allied Monster RT bead lock wheels.
I tossed 8 oz of the Off Road Dyna Beads in each tire and they run great.

What do you guys think?

Attachments

• f150wheels.jpg
    f150wheels.jpg
    215.6 KB · Views: 228
  • Bronco35s1.jpg
    Bronco35s1.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 264
  • Bronco35s2.jpg
    Bronco35s2.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 221

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
Looks cool! nice ride and you've done a great job John...

Heus33

Bronco Guru
YEAH MAN!!!!!!! Looking great!

How quiet are those tires on the street?

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
Badazzzz!

John, looks great. You've done a great job on it. The new wheels and tires are a huge improvement on an already good looking rig.

OP
OP
JohnJohn

JohnJohn

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Richmond
Thanks allot guys. I have only taken it up the road and back but they seem very quiet and balanced with the beads. It took me about 4 hours to mount them.
No more teasing me Tasker. I finally got shoes to match the lift.

When I got them on last night and pulled it out of the garage it was an awesome feeling to jump out and look back at it. My wife said I was acting like a little kid. I could hardly sleep last night.

Next year is bumpers then the winch.

cbautoworks1

Loc.
nashville
looks great! and truley a very happy moment to stand back and look at them when your done!! question tho. what kind of top is that and would you buy it again?

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
Thanks allot guys. I have only taken it up the road and back but they seem very quiet and balanced with the beads. It took me about 4 hours to mount them.
No more teasing me Tasker. I finally got shoes to match the lift.

When I got them on last night and pulled it out of the garage it was an awesome feeling to jump out and look back at it. My wife said I was acting like a little kid. I could hardly sleep last night.

Next year is bumpers then the winch.

Did you resolve the vibration problem you were having?

OP
OP
JohnJohn

JohnJohn

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Richmond
Gary,
For now the vibration is gone but I need to do some more test driving. I also rebuilt my drive shaft last week changing all the u-joints so I need to put a few miles on it. One thing is I need more caster and will be picking up a set of long arms very soon. As soon as I can sell a few things.

Cbautoworks1,
It is a Rampage top and I like it allot. I customized it a bit so I did not have to drill holes in the top of my striker. My only complaint is I don't like the way the back window and side flaps overlap in the tailgate retainer. I may alter it later so it looks better.

kayakersteve

Loc.
Western NY State
John john - Looks really good. Did you notice much change in power/response going from 33 to 35? Even with 4.11, I would think you could tell the difference.

canadian broco

Looks great - good job.
The only thing that I would change would be to upgrade to Warn Locking Hubs to get rid of the red plastic ones.... they would really accent the bead locks!

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
Warns aren't neccessarilly an upgrade from the stock ones. Maybe just get the BC Rock Locks if you don't like the red!

Attachments

• DSC00520.JPG
    DSC00520.JPG
    148.4 KB · Views: 10

custom-cruiser

Loc.
Boise,ID
My first Bronco was that exact color. Except not as shiny, I don't think I knew what wax was!

I couldn't count all the cars and trucks I've owned on all my fingers and toes but I can count the number of brand new wheel and tire sets on one hand and have a bunch of fingers to spare.

Nice pick they look great!

CC