• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Gear upgrade with AX15

OP
OP
crsman2

crsman2

Thanks for the comments, I am going to put the word out to some of the shops around here and then start looking online. If anyone here ends up having one, I am in the market, but would like the disc brakes!

jamesroney

Contributor
Loc.
Fremont, CA
I guess I'll stop making excuses and just get moving on finding a decent D44. Thanks for the info, now I just need to figure out which type to get.
Where is your location? Please update your profile to include your geographical location.

I found an extra Bronco take out D30 power lock with a set of clean 3.54's.

OP
OP
crsman2

crsman2

Where is your location? Please update your profile to include your geographical location.

I found an extra Bronco take out D30 power lock with a set of clean 3.54's.
I am in the St. Louis, MO area.

bigmuddy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Marthasville Missouri
I am in the St. Louis, MO area.
Hey I am in the STL area and may have a D44 that I can sell. I imagine that its a 3.50 gear currently.
If you are considering going 35's down the road I would at least go to a 4.11 gear and preferably a 4.56 when swapping.
I will DM you my info if you want to contact me.

OP
OP
crsman2

crsman2

Hey I am in the STL area and may have a D44 that I can sell. I imagine that its a 3.50 gear currently.
If you are considering going 35's down the road I would at least go to a 4.11 gear and preferably a 4.56 when swapping.
I will DM you my info if you want to contact me.
That would be great! Yes I was thinking 4.56.

eb-nutt1

I just recently built a 44 to go in my 69 half cab luber project...eb 44 I already had, rebuilt factory clutch style traction unit shimmed Xtra tight, 4.10 gear, cheap chromoly axles and 760 joints, ford 78 disc brakes and knuckle, will probably swap out the clutch ls for a torsen diff...built 302, 3 spd, 33x10.5-15

OP
OP
crsman2

crsman2

I just recently built a 44 to go in my 69 half cab luber project...eb 44 I already had, rebuilt factory clutch style traction unit shimmed Xtra tight, 4.10 gear, cheap chromoly axles and 760 joints, ford 78 disc brakes and knuckle, will probably swap out the clutch ls for a torsen diff...built 302, 3 spd, 33x10.5-15
Nice! I have to hold off until the spring or so for this next project it seems. I just had a new Wild Horses EFI tank put in with a Sniper 2 setup and the wife said that's enough...for now.