• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Front Hood Crown or Straight?

Akjoatmon

I took the support braces out of my hood to remove some dents and noticed the front brace and hood, where it meets the grill, have a slight crown (the middle is slightly higher). The top of the grill is flat, so I was wondering if the hood is bent out of shape or it is suppose to be that way. I am not referring to the leading edge of the hood, but rather the part that closes against the grill.

Thanks

57baja

Contributor
I took the support braces out of my hood to remove some dents and noticed the front brace and hood, where it meets the grill, have a slight crown (the middle is slightly higher). The top of the grill is flat, so I was wondering if the hood is bent out of shape or it is suppose to be that way. I am not referring to the leading edge of the hood, but rather the part that closes against the grill.

Thanks
I have a fiberglass hood and it's pretty straight. I bought a new steel hood for another bronco and it has a slight crown to it but i think it is just crappy quality. It should be straight.