• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

ford to build new bronco body shells

markperry

Bronco Guru
Yep, posted a few days ago, and this morning! The cost is too rich for my blood!

BRONCOchild

Bronco Guru
i'm no marketing genius, but moves like this always begs the questions: what else is ford going to produce? maybe, the new bronco, perhaps? we just have to wait and see.

roundhouse

Bronco Guru
A) http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?t=167473

B) Ford isn't producing them; Dynacorn is.

C) they couldn't produce something worth buying if they were only getting $7K for them. They haven't added the Bronco to the website yet, so there's no official price yet.

ALL the parts required to build a body can be bought at retail for less than $7K.

They will be able to stamp the parts themselves at wholesale prices, so the only diff is the labor, which with a production line and jogs shouldnt be too much.

so why would it have to cost more than the Mustang body, it has half the metal and half the welding.

An EB body tub with no doors, no windshield, no top, and no tailgate, aint exactly alot of metal.

gambling209

i have been watching a build by a pro shop on the mustang body by dynacorn. on vintage mustang forum. that body is still not perfect and requires some pieces to be taken off and redone. so don't think that it will be a drop on and go thing. i also hope they could be cheaper. not as much to a bronco. remember a mustang has a unibody frame made to it and a dash.