• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Finally took some downsized pics...

JimAndA72

Loc.
Beaverton, Oregon
Question for you guys though. Everything under the truck is new, including poly body mounts, all steering, springs, shocks and brake parts. There is no lift. There is no room for adjustment in the steering box and it's brand new.

I've read the threads on here about sway bars and where to get them and how effective they are. The threads all talked about the sway bars reducing body roll. My body roll at highway speeds is minimal, but there's a side to side type of sway in the back when I start into a curve in the road. I'm running 33" BFG all terrain T/A's. I wouldn't think they would be big enough to cause this.

I'm already into this truck for way too much money, but I plan on keeping it forever and I want to make is as safe as possible. Will the sway bars fix my issue or would I be wasting 300-400 bucks?

Any input/suggestions appreciated.

BronCowie

Contributor
Old Timer
Loc.
Vancouver, WA
...I'm already into this truck for way too much money...

We all are... that's the addiction. ;)

Anyway, howdy neighbor. I can't answer your question but know a fellow addict close by that might be able to help. PM me if you want to join us some night for turning wrenches in Hillsboro.

Pa PITT

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stephenville TEXAS
Have you played with the air pressure in your tires. Move up at 2 lb's a move..
... I don't like BFG's but they are pretty tires.. But I'D NOT GIVE UP on them .. I'm just an old turd have one issue and I'm done.
... I can't really answer the Bronco sway bar question .. But many years ago I built a 75 Dodge Warlock but I put a 440 in it. I added a Sway Bar from out of a 72 dodge 3/4 camper special .. Just because I had the stuff.. I could not believe how much difference that stuff made. I'm going to say I could take a curve into town 25 mph faster than before that swap.

garberz

Bronco Influencer
Loc.
Conejo Valley, Ca.
I'm with PAPITT on increasing the tire pressure. Also, I'm not sure what your expecting out of this short wheelbase vehicle.

OP
OP
JimAndA72

JimAndA72

Loc.
Beaverton, Oregon
Thx guys

Tires are rated for 35PSI max when cold and I keep them at 32-33PSI.

Hey PAPITT, I've always had really good experiences with BFG All Terrains..Smooth ride on pavement and good off road grip, always 50k miles plus with a combination of on and off road.

Thx Gaberz, I took the wheel base and width into consideration.. The handling is not horrible but it's definitely not as good as it should be. I've owned CJ5's and haven't experienced this much side to side sway and CJ's are shorter and narrower than EB's.

So you guys don't think sway bars wouldn't change anything?

Thx for your input PAPITT and Gaberz